Chapter 13 - Pack

"Come on, Tim! Tell me where we are going!" Carter pleaded for the tenth time since leaving the hotel in DC.

"Carter! I'm not going to tell you! It is supposed to be a surprise." Tim laughed as he continued to stare ahead at the road.

"Fine." Carter crossed her arms across her chest and pouted out the window.

"I'll give you a hint... We aren't leaving the country."

"Wow. So much help."

"It's some place tropical... And very far away." A smirk grew in the corner of Tim's mouth as Carter's eyes grew wide.

"No... Are we...?"

"Yep."

"You are taking us to Hawaii?!"

"Only the best for you." Tim smiled and locked his fingers in hers.

*****

"Mr. and Mrs. McGee, your room is right this wa..." the receptionist at the hotel in Hawaii was cut off by gunshots. Carter and Tim looked at each other and sighed. Dropping their things they ran towards where the shots came from with their hands on their guns.

As they stepped around the corner they saw a man speeding away in a black SUV. Drawing their guns they ran over to see a petty officer lying lifeless on the ground. "I'll call Gibbs..." Carter sighed and pulled out her phone.

"Carter... I'm so sorry... This is going to ruin our vacation." Tim said in a gloomy tone.

"Gibbs?... There's been a murder... Dead petty officer... From Norfolk... See you then... Bye." Carter hung up the phone and looked at Tim, "Timothy Farragut. Don't you ever say that. Wherever I am with you it is a vacation. As long as we're together, I'm happy."

"I know... But now the whole team is going to be here... Your brother..."

"I know that Tony will be here and I don't care. When they get here we can take a break and go have some fun." Carter winked at him.

"I don't want to do that when Tony's in the same building as us!" Tim said almost repulsed by the thought.

"Fine. I guess we'll just spend our time alone doing nothing..." Carter started back to the lobby to grab some gloves.

Tim sighed as he hovered over the body. "Carter, could you grab my bag?"

*****

"Tony. Ziver. Go home and pack. We've got a crime scene to get to." Gibbs said, walking into the squad room.

"Pack? Pack for what?" Ziva asked, standing up from her desk.

"We're going to Hawaii."

"Wait... That's where Carter and Tim are." Tony said.

"I know that, DiNozzo. They're the ones who called."

"But they're on their honeymoon... Ew."

"Just go home and pack." Gibbs said, slapping him on the back of the head.

"Yes sir." Tony said grabbing his coat and the gear out of his desk.

"Be back here in an hour." Gibbs called out as Tony and Ziva rushed off to the elevator.