Chapter 38: The Puppeteer

All was present

All was present. Every instant, a multi dimensional page, paused and played at will. All of time, all of space, all of essentially everything that gave sense to existence was displayed in tandem with all of its permutations. A maddening room of no boundaries, of images both running and still. It was a realm of time, beyond time itself.

A seated figure, in charge of maintaining how everything was, is and will be, was lost in deep thoughts.

"Kahaden." A voice bellowed.

The figure did not move. Of course he was not startled. He knew of all happenings. He must have known of this moment.

"I am sorry, I know you don't like visitations. I haven't seen you in eons, thus. But you must know. You must know of your interference! What caused this? How can the balance tip to one side?"

"Valal," said Kahaden, "you ever wonder why you are there on your throne? Who let you be the ruler of the multiverse? Ever wonder why everything is the way it is?"

"I have more important things to do than waste my time pondering over such things just to get philosophical answers. We are past all that. We exist and make things exist solely on data, insight and knowledge. You must know our way of things."

"Time. You say you waste it. Yet it is never wasted. Every moment has consequences. Every moment, is predetermined. Free will is something we do not have, yet it's the illusion we perceive and wholeheartedly believe."

"Can you please answer my queries than going on tangents and giving your sagely words? I know you've turned into your current self because of this great responsibility you've had for eternity."

"Why, it's all connected. You must have seen it by now." He paused. "Or did your lack of pondering hinder it. Of course, that is it."

Valal grew increasingly impatient. "I am the ruler of the multiverse, and I have things that need attending to. So if you'll please-"

"Don't worry. I won't take long." He got up from his seat and advanced towards Valal.

"Who do you think makes us move, allows us to act, has created everything we know? This job that I have had, why do you think I do it? Why do I have to? Why do you have to? What is the meaning of existence? Why are we here? What are we doing?" He looked at Valal, to behold a frown. "Well, your answer is here, my friend. It is the Creator who is responsible."

Valal's expression remained the same for a few moments. His brains hadn't processed the information yet. But when it did, he gaped, looked at Kahaden, then to the ground. He did not know what to say. "The Creator? I thought that was fictitious. So Juvo's dream wasn't just fantasy?"

"Well, if the child could ever unite with the Creator is beyond my expertise, but sure, the Creator exists. And for the first time since Creation, He intervened." Kahaden smiled.

Valal was spellbound. When he found his voice back however, he said, "But what happened to Juvo? Was that the Creator's doing? Why did he vanish? Where is he now?"

Kahaden did not say anything for a moment. "It seems someone has taken a liking to him." He smirked. "You shall see for yourself. The future has lots of things in store for you all. The only thing I can do is maintain how it happens. I never take sides."

Valal knew there was nothing he could do. Time was a delicate entity that needed maintanence. And who understood that better than Kahaden himself?

Kahaden paced around a while, then he stopped and looked upwards. "You see, we are characters in this simulation. We have minds of our own. We are sentient, but we act how is destined. Maybe, the Creator wanted to shake things up a little. So he had to reach out to me."

"What? You talked to the Creator?" Valal couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Kahaden turned around. "Not exactly. But I received certain information. It was why I had to barge in and help. I did not break the continuum though. A special kind of space-time was bore for this very purpose by the Creator. He destined it to be this way. Maybe, it was for His amusement that we had this incident. We all like a little entertainment, don't we? What fun is there when you know what is going to happen later on? It is the uncertainty in the way of things that delights us, thrills us."

Kahaden walked away, footsteps echoing and vanishing in the distance, leaving Valal to process reality and the truth behind his very own existence.

Somewhere beyond the simulation, a 'smile' fell over the Creator's countenance.