Chapter 11: In Pursuit

Juvo was brimming with impatience. Though what he sought was independent of time, but with the excitement in him at the climax, every minute seemed to go in waste the longer he waited for this spy.

The Gods had warned him. They knew he was a potential threat, and he believed most would acknowledge the warning and keep to themselves. But he was unlike any other. He was born to right this. He smirked at the thought.

He was pacing around the quarters of his ship, when a call came

He was pacing around the quarters of his ship, when a call came. It was not on Holo-Talk, meaning it was no one in his contact list. An official meeting. He went to the communication room and accepted the call. On the massive screen he saw a humanoid creature.

"Who are you?" He paused, taking a complete view of the creature from top to bottom. "Lemme guess, not even a metre?" He visibly accused the creature's stature, taking a smirk.

The creature looked away, embarrassed. Then he somehow managed to look back at him. "I'm Mockie, your spy."

"Oh, nice to meet you. You remind me of something... elf?" Juvo was accurate enough. Excluding the characteristic shape of the elves that Mockie lacked- that is the ears, he was almost human looking, just everything was a bit out of proportion.

"I am sorry to have kept you waiting, my lord. But I have made progress-"

"Where is it!" Juvo cut him short and gave stress on his words, gritting his teeth in a menacing fashion.

"I have reason to suspect that this man has it," on the screen came in view a photo of a military personnel. This one was a complete human. "He is the general of The Blue Dolphins. Have you heard of them?" Mockie said nervously, fidgeting with his fingers.

Juvo grinned in a chelsea smile, his shadowy form becoming more monstrous. "Yes, I have. I had some trusted officers there that helped me attack a few worlds that rebelled against my proposals. That's quite some time ago. Years. I don't know this man, but, I do know where they are stationed."

"Sir, I believe if you captivate this man and torture him if need be, you may get this map you seek. I had no information about the organisation other than the name, the sudden attacks and this man's picture that I took from a holo-transmission. So, I thought it fit to ask you about it, since you had ties with the Galactic Patrol and they might be acquainted with the government of Urmea," he measured his words with hope and observed the lord's expressions to detect anything foul so that he could reframe his speech then and there.

But Juvo seemed satisfied.

Such a relief for him.

"I would pay you up in a moment. You have been of help. I would need a Shokurat, which I believe I would be able to find at Bleb's. Then I'd set forth for The Blue Dolphins' headquarters. Over." He ended the call.

Shokurat was a device that spoke out memories of the being that it was being used upon.

With a fresh mindset and renewed anticipation of his near future, Juvo left his ship through the airlock and made way towards the stalls, his followers alongside him.