Chapter 31: Encounter: Part 2

The IMG, with bated breath, struggled to keep a stable composure as the vessel kept on it's course back towards Afterlife; Zyphon to be more precise. There seemed to be a hurry to everything. Elmitrios couldn't remember when he had last felt like this. He wasn't sure what to do. When they were getting into his vessel, Moruzen had collapsed. A structure standing for eons, degenerating like that was incomprehensible. Unbelievable. Juvo's power had reached the stars. He wasn't even sure if Valal was alright against him.

Turbulence.

The sudden discrepancy had all their attention. "What was that?" Sierra managed in a feeble tone, her eyes critical in worry.

Then a solid jerk.

It only needed a second for realisation to hit. "We are under attack!" one of Radhika's comrades shouted, her voice sharp on her words.

"Who will shoot at us here?!" Jarka spurt out.

"It's Juvo," they heard the booming voice. There was anxiety in it. "We need to evade him. I don't know if the shield will hold up against his attacks. We'll have to dodge... somehow. Get ready."

They knew what he meant. But what would they hold on to? That was when the membrane of the walls separated in two gooey forms for each of them, tightly securing them in place, solidifying an instant later.

"This doesn't feel right," Lily said.

And she was on point.

The ship went in all sorts of directions and changed them so fast they felt their brains floating and hitting in their craniums. It was like a wild ride in an amusement park. Only scarier and more real.

Behind Elmitrios' vessel, streaks of energy floated, targeted precisely at it. Juvo's army was close by. He lead the others who were protected by an electric shield. If this situation could get any worse, Elmitrios couldn't fathom how. It was getting more and more difficult.

"Can't you attack him?" Radhika shouted.

"No. I never need to attack while sitting here. My body is enough for the job. Hence, my ship isn't bestowed with any weapons."

"Can't you stop him?"

"I... doubt it. He's become too strong... but how?" He sighed. "If I go out there to attack, it would risk losing all of you. There's no telling what he'll do. If your souls are vaporised, then that's the end for all of you. And Kahaden must not have that in mind."

"So we just evade his attacks and hope for an escape? There's no other way?" Sanduo impatiently remarked.

"I'm afraid not. Just trust me and... hold on."

__________

The hallway was dark and smoky

The hallway was dark and smoky. The air was stale with dust hung heavily in it. Laraken pulled his hostage's legs and dragged him. He writhed, but Laraken gave no heed to it. He was too furious to even keep him alive.