Chapter 8: The Blue Dolphins

"What are you called?" Juvo asked the fat shopkeeper who was assigned to take care of him on the Galactic Black Market. He was seated in a restaurant near the stall of his caretaker. Despite the cheap materials and abandoned space parts it was made of, it was surprisingly well maintained and he could find no stench of foul smell.

The shopkeeper felt honoured. No one cared about him. They just called him by made up names. None had bothered to know his real name. This miserable life might finally end with Lord Juvo's involvement! Oh, what joy was in his heart!

"My people call me Bleb. Nobody calls me by name here. They just name anything that resembles my appearance and I understand that something is being said to me." His eyes glistened as he served Juvo with the delicacies of his planet. The plate had numerous berries and jelly in the centre. There was also a type of smooth cream that adorned the plate in an abstract design.

"So, Bleb," he cleared his throat, "this dessert is famous where you come from?"

"Oh yes! It's pretty popular in my solar system. We even export the ingredients to faraway places to rich customers."

"I see," he tasted the berries after dressing them with enough of the cream. "Tastes good!"

"I am so delighted that you liked it! We don't have the best quality here as they are mainly exported out, but I'm glad this one worked."

"You do know that I am being held up for two days now, right?" He rotated his face to meet Bleb in the eyes, his red eye glowing, evoking fear in Bleb's soul.

"I understand my lord. He's trying his best," he said fearfully, "I am sure it'd be right with you any moment now." He laughed in cold sweat, as the formidable one continued with his meal.

The fly searched and searched, unearthing nothing

The fly searched and searched, unearthing nothing. All that it found were mirrors, make-up kits, old contact lenses and similar objects in the drawer. The antique almirah had nothing but dresses inside. And throughout the night whatever else it brought under its consideration had been nothing close to the map.

Mockie had slept after he had given the commands the previous night. The A.I, Jill had scheduled all the suspicious objects. But after Mockie checked them, they turned out to be nothing helpful. Then is there no map? Is she operating separately from the Council and doesn't have the need to visit them, ever? But rumours had it that there was a headquarters some place remote. Somewhere no one would suspect it to be located.

This was getting difficult. If he failed to do the job, he risked losing his remuneration and possibly his life. He knew the lord hated failures. And there were probably many other spies he could lay trust upon.

What am I missing... Did she never have the map? Was my suspicion wrong... No. The holo-talk conversation earlier clearly shows that she's connected to the Council. Maybe the identity of the military man would help. He considered the thought. Then he opened his flex-tech and stretched it to be as wide as a standard monitor. He needed to pick details.

When he played the video of the previous day that the fly had recorded, it showed the figure of the man standing on the floor. He explored his dress to pick out a designation and possibly a name. By the number of badges on his chest, the man seemed pretty high-ranked. There was no name. Probably, for high-ranked personnel, the face was enough of an identification.

He managed to pick out that he was the General of the Blue Dolphins. What? He stopped in incomprehension. What's that?

__________

General Darp sat on his desk. His whiskers gelled to project out as sharp thorns. It was a unique style that he had adopted that was becoming a trend lately due to his fame. His niece Rissa had been of help. She had successfully tracked down the whereabouts of the criminal. The Gods would now show what happens when one messes with their established law. She was trustworthy so he had acquainted her with the matters of the Council, though they did not know of her official involvement.

The duties he had been bested upon were too much. The Blue Dolphins had already posed too much responsibility on him, so he needed a helping hand. And she was doing just fine.

He pitied the inhabitants of the planet. They had done nothing wrong, yet they'd lose their home to the Gods. Maybe a few would luckily survive. He was no one to judge the doings of the Gods. He was merely an operative in the organisation that aided the Gods to function properly in the observable universe.

__________

"Search for Blue Dolphins, select the first filter-" Mockie directed Jill. She had no physical appearance, but he wished he could afford her one when this ordeal would have been over. Deina would like chatting with her, he was pretty sure of it.

On his holographic screen in his office, hovered many search results. He masterfully managed to track down just the one he was looking for.

"Oh!" he gasped.

On his screen were numerous images of battleships, many with the symbol of the Blue Dolphins

On his screen were numerous images of battleships, many with the symbol of the Blue Dolphins. As he read more about them, he learnt that they were a covert organisation who attacked out of the blue according to orders of the Government of Urmea. No one knew where they were situated, and the ships had access to invisibility. There were only reports of their attacks and a few not-so-good images of the ships. There were only accounts of victims and no official data.

Mockie now realised how much more complicated his mission was going to be.