Chapter 15: Meeting The Gods

There were still more than two hours left and the crew sat prepared in their shining armour, knowing little what to expect.

Sierra sat back with Lily and shared worried looks. She was about to speak when Lily placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder and stepped her down, nodding with eyes closed that she shouldn't get agitated on the situation. "You need to chill. We will definitely handle it. Flee if it comes to it! Ha-ha! Meanwhile you need to calm yourself. This is going to be a very important encounter. I think we should consider ourselves lucky being able to come in person with beings of such power!" She smiled looking at Sierra's troubled face. She hoped to keep her eased as everybody knew what Sierra did when she was tensed or better to say- out of control. The reason was enough to get her out of the team but then again, nobody was as able as her for the job.

"Yeah sure. Rulers of the Multiverse are gonna come and I'll be chilling on my sofa. Cool."

Lily rolled her eyes and handed Sierra her flex-tech. "I've been listening to this album for a while. The ancient electronics have a calming feel to it. I'm sure it will help. Listen to this-" she played the track, and the both of them closed their eyes sinking into the music for a few minutes, letting the outside world fade into nothingness.

As it ended they slowly opened their eyes and yawned, "Aaah! That was really refreshing. If I survive, I will definitely check that album out!" Sierra giggled.

"Ha-ha! Sure Siri."

__________

"We are getting to that place in two hours, admiral. We will report back when we come across them. Our bots would record the whole encounter. I can't guarantee anything but the atmosphere is full of tension at the moment. The crew have taken preparations for anything wrong that may befall. The ship has been equipped with one of the better quality fuels that are there and it has been running smoothly. No complications there. Have faith in us admiral. We won't let you down on our first mission. Over and out."

Sir Sanduo clicked the side of S.O.H and the recording was sent out. The voicemail was without a trace of disquiet and he felt relieved to have finished sending it.

"It will have been received by him in a day, sir."

The farther they went, naturally, time took more for sending and receiving signals.

"Okay S.O.H. You may now return to your duties." He dismissed the robot and went to the airlock area to find his crew seated in rows.

He thought of cheering them up but then again the situation was too serious to give any comfort to. "Okay, cadets? Tell me. How are you all feeling?"

"Like shit. Isn't that obvious?" Markus replied coldly, not even looking at his captain.

"Do not speak to me in that condescending tone!" He couldn't help but shout. It shushed the other, but he felt bad that he did so. The situation was far too grave for any good replies except from the robots. What else could he have expected?

"The coordinates point to a planetoid. One without a star. About the size of Mercury. It's quite separated from any civilizations and the nearest living being would be at least a hundred light years away from it. I'm not speaking about us though. I mean in general. The temperatures are really extreme out there so whenever we meet 'them' we have to make them come inside."