Prologue: Rays Of Fire

Fire erupted from the heavens as the city watched in horror

Fire erupted from the heavens as the city watched in horror. No one knew what it was, why it was happening or why their everyday normal life had been thrust into the hands of damnation.

Streaks of vermillion stretched across the horizon as ember flooded the skies. It was a terrifying visual for everyone. They were going to be extinct anyways, but they still had time. Maybe not everyone could have been saved but even saving a fraction would have ensured the survival of their species. A species that had evolved with the planet but was not native to it.

Humans.

There were other races of humans out there but becoming extinct would mean a loss of their kind.

What was happening was not any catastrophic meteor shower of any sorts. It was something different. Something that logic could not comprehend. It seemed like thick rays of fire were being shot at them.

The citizens all ran to the underground establishments, sealing them off as a maelstrom took them over. The ones above would not live to tell the tale of what happened to their city. Wails of suffering echoed through the halls as everyone winced in pain for their planet, the only place that they could call 'home'.

___________

A hooded figure of a girl looked through blurry vision at the destruction of her home. It was her fault that this was happening. Tears fell on her hands as she regretfully looked at them. But she had no choice. She couldn't watch or rather die with her species knowing the chance she had to save it. Still, it was a sin. A sin she had committed against the Gods. There was no turning back from this mayhem. They will find her eventually.

She had to die.

Better one dead than a few billion. But she knew she was precious. The knowledge she possessed was precious. Too precious to die for.

She had to live.

She had to make them know of what was going to happen. Her dying here was not an option. There were numerous events happening. Events that were hidden by the veils of space and time.

She hung her head down. She was devastated inside. What she had witnessed was hardly comparable to anything any living being had come across. Still, hope was not to be lost. She could fix this. She could restore the order out of chaos again.

She called upon the mysterious energy, one she had stolen. It was worth stealing for, she thought. The device that she held in her hand was a signal transmitter which was used for communications beyond a solar system.

She started recording and used her power to transmit the video log instantaneously. She sighed and calmed herself. This was her only chance at survival. Everyone's only chance.

They have to receive it, she forced herself to believe. They have... to save... Us.