Chapter 6: Travelling To The Unknown

Sharlotte boarded the pod in which Sanduo and Markus were sitting. The thrusters ignited and they gradually ascended upwards to dock on the underside of the Interstellar Traveller, still in orbit.

As Sanduo headed to the control room, the others followed him behind. Sharlotte was at the middle of the crowd.

"So, you used the 'magic' matter here to teleport your star, right? How can the properties of that matter remain intact after coming here? I mean if the white holes spurt out 'magic' matter then shouldn't we-" Drio was interrupted in the middle by her reply.

"You're right. The properties disintegrate and they change into normal matter shortly over a few hours, so you can't detect it as we can't even observe the edges of the universe yet. As I acted quick, I was able to do the teleportation, otherwise it would have been an 'all for nothing' case."

She clearly knew of the dangers and was definitely skilled to operate on her own in something so dangerous. The fact that she knew so much and the committee she spoke about with a thousand or so members, made the IMG believe that indeed she was worthy to carry out an unimaginable feat like this.

"What is the law for? What you did is noble in every way. Why are they after you like this?" Sierra asked softly.

"Being a living being of this 'verse, I shan't hop 'verses. That's what the law is. That 'verse did not react violently in contact with me, since it was compatible with our universe's matter, apparently. But the Gods would rather kill me and set an example for all to show not to do something like this again, should something catastrophic happen when a different 'verse is encountered. Oh, and my another fault might be using the properties of that 'verse's matter here. Though nothing happened, and I stated to you why," she looked at Drio who nodded, "something could've happened. And that 'something' could've resulted in another big bang, wiping out everything we know."

"Then how the hell did ya take that big a risk?" Markus asked, incredulous.

"I had information that nothing of that sort would happen. It told me almost everything that I told you. Besides, the thousand people I mentioned earlier who know the truth behind black holes, assured me as well. So before even going there, I knew that the matters of both the 'verses were compatible and even that nothing would happen to my body if I go there. I don't want to share all the details right now, but the source is trustworthy."

They all processed everything in their heads. What this girl had just said seemed to give a new leap to their modern day physics.

S.O.H, their transmission specialist robot logged their first mission into the system.

As they took their seats, Sanduo frowned at her with his arms crossed, and said, "Why should we get into all this trouble by saving you? What is so special about you that we have to put our lives in danger?"

"I know something," she said in a pensive manner, her eyes narrowed. "But I can't say anything about it right now. If I do then everything will get shattered. You need to believe me." The shine in her eyes made him remember of his daughter: his only child, who had died fighting in that war on 57OP, his previous home. After that he had left to build the IMG, so that they could stop any heinous acts like that.

He rubbed his eyes at the thought and then said with a heavy voice. "Okay. Tell us where to go."

As she dictated the coordinates, Sanduo entered them in the system and waited for the path to be followed be determined. "The trajectory is ready to be travelled in," a glitchy voice alarmed them. The faint hum of vibrating engines was felt throughout the vessel and the ship shot into the darkness, warping space-time around it in a bubble.