Chapter 29: Unleashing The Contained

Stark black figures, ghostly in form, dragged Juvo downhill, and the light of the world diminished beyond as if an enormous creature was slowly closing its eye

Stark black figures, ghostly in form, dragged Juvo downhill, and the light of the world diminished beyond as if an enormous creature was slowly closing its eye. The cavern tunnelled below, and the light source above became infinitely diminutive, becoming an only star in an otherwise starless night.

Juvo put all his strength to evade the beings who were pulling him down, but he failed to even flinch a muscle- as if his entire body had been taken over by paralysis. The beings were smoky, and he could look right through them, yet how they could hold on to him with such force was beyond him. They were probably from a totally different 'verse with incomprehensible physical properties.

They kept on going down and after a long while seemed to reduce their speed. Juvo's face was pointed upwards so he failed to see it with his eyes. But he could sense he had touched ground as the rocky walls around him were stationary now, and a faint pinkish glow hovered at the horizon of his vision.

Chained limbs dangling above ground, the ghostly forms moved him into the prison area. Grilled with a material that Juvo could not recognise, the bars etched geometric structures, the inmates secured inside. Some structures seemed to change forms rapidly as he went, alongwith the inmates. It hurt his head. He was seeing a higher dimensional construct. He closed his eyes.

After moving a good length into the containment area, he was jerked into a cell. He fell on his shoulder. "Awgh!" he grunted. Bars came out of the ground and sealed him off of the outside.

But he was no longer chained.

He winced at the pain in his forehead as he touched the wound with his fingers. He saw blood on his slender fingertips as he retracted them from his face. He knew nobody would do anything to heal it. He opened his bag and washed the wound with an organic pigment that dyed the region yellow. He felt better. Then he wrapped a fabric around his head. In a similar fashion, he concealed his other wounds.

Then, he fetched his fixing machine and smoothed out the scratches off his metal parts and a vacuum suction AI deftly fixed the dents. There was no damage to the wiring so it didn't take much time for his mechanical segments to get back to their polished state.

Whirlwinds raced through his mind. He had planned everything so perfectly, gotten hold of top secret information about the Gods from varied sources, assembled his depleted organisation back from scratch, and yet he met failure.

These sanctimonious hypocrites addressing themselves as Gods were imperfect and incapable. They were monsters with supreme powers. Hitharia being shot out of a 'verse caused them to become who they were now. That was a mere chance that birthed the Gods! Without possesion of the qualifications required to be the rulers of the Multiverse, they had become the rulers. Yet another imperfection.

Sometimes Juvo pondered if there were other simulations which were better than the one he was in. More perfect. More pure. Given the odds, that must be true.

He sat on the ground, holding his lower limbs close to his torso. He couldn't understand what he should do now. Was not he meant to right this? Was not he meant to be the saviour of the Multiverse? Albeit the destruction of countless 'verses.

But they were imperfect! And that's why they would seize their existence, had he dissolved the law that was the sole problem with their Multiverse.

The book. He remembered. He was to read the mantras and correct all the errors. He was to become the righteous and just ruler of the Multiverse!

And he had found it. He even found the key. Yet he did not get access to the hymns. At that moment in the library he seemed to be so close to his goal, a purpose he believed to achieve for which he was born. And yet it was not so.

The book had been a hoax. There was never a real Book of Gods in the realm of Afterlife. A diversion. Well, if there was any path at all, taking which promised success of him attaining his goal. Why else would it be empty?

He broke away from his contemplation. Diving his hand inside his bagpack, he brought out the alleged book. The key was still in its place, although the fluorescent blue liquid was now gone. The intricacies of the cover now glowed with it.

But inside? He flapped through the pages. EMPTY!

He aggressively threw the book away. It struck the right wall and fell to the ground, closed. After a bit, he went to remove the key. The liquid seeped back into the capsule and the glow faded from the cover. Now, again like before, the capsule held the fluorescent blue liquid, and the book lay locked.

As he watched the capsule in his hand, his anger boiled. It was angst that came from learning that what he was holding had no purpose. A false hope. After a moment he could no longer control it. He put the capsule in his mouth and crunched it. The glass dissolved in his acidic saliva and the blue liquid glowed his neck as he swallowed it. Piece of waste!

He did not know what was in store for him now. He kicked the book away and his backpack and put his back on the wall, supporting his body. He let out a deep sigh.

Warmth.

"Huh?" He looked at his belly, then at his hands. His whole body was now faintly glowing blue. What is happening to me?

Before he could understand the situation any further, the warmth intensified. Suddenly he blasted energy from his mouth. A blinding ray of intense blue light. "RAAAAA!" It shot upwards making a hole in the ceiling and into the sky, becoming a thick pillar of light. His organic eye glowed like a light bulb and surrounding his metallic eye was a blue aura that emanated from around it.

Then gradually, it ended.

What just happened had no explanation to him. He felt... powerful. Rejuvenated.

He saw electricity at his fingertips now. He surged a lightning tree infront of him that hit the bars and inflicted considerable damage to its structure. Yes.

He repeated the action. Yes...

Again. Yes...

And again. YES!

In mere moments the structure fried away and fell to the ground.

He was free.

He laughed. "He he ha ha ha! HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

All the captives watched the outburst of energy that now cut through the pinkish glow of the prison and dressed it in a bright blue. It was coming out of Juvo's hands who was now laughing maniacally.

The cavern glowed. The star of the light source above, now disappeared as the energy he produced overwhelmed it.

"NONE CAN STOP ME NOW!!" he focussed the energy on the ground. It gave him propulsion and he shot upwards, accelerating away out of the abyss and back, to Moruzen.