Chapter 33: Escape

It was like waking up from a never ending sleep

It was like waking up from a never ending sleep. Which it was, basically. They were waking up in their bodies. Their real bodies. They were waking up from their death.

All that had happened seemed like a dream. A very vivid one at that.

But there was a change. A very noticeable one. Despite being in their spacesuits, the surroundings had changed as well. They were inside a ship. Their ship. The Interstellar Traveller.

"Siri, can you believe this?!" Jayden exulted in glee!

"I can't! B-but," she choked on her breath. "We are here! We are back! We are finally back!" Her face was the pinnacle of joy. She looked all around her. Everyone was waking up, slowly getting up to a sitting position. Their ship was back on, running with power. The Gods had restored it. She ran to the nearest window and took a peek outside. The planetoid where they had been executed still dominated their view. She thought of the robots. It saddened her. She couldn't see them anywhere on the surface.

"Hey, Marky?" she called.

"Yes Siri?" Markus got up and came her way.

"Do you think the robots are still where we left them?" Her eyes glistened as she said the words.

"I'm in the same spot as you. But where could have they gone? Unless, of course the Gods came for them." He regretted saying that. He tried to add something more when Drio alerted them.

"We have bigger things to worry about now," he said, clearly panicking. "Juvo is here too! There! That's his ship. An-and it's coming right towards us!" He scurried across the room and went to Sanduo. "Sir we must do something!"

"But, we can't!" Sanduo squeaked.

"Why?! What are you saying?" Sharlotte flabbergasted.

"Well. We haven't yet got that upgrade. Our ship has no weapons. If we ought to fight him, we are left with no choice but to do that hand to hand, face to face."

"And that's a serious problem," Lily pointed towards the ship. They got what she meant. With the imperial class ship that Juvo had, they were no match for it. They will die as soon as they left their ship.

"It's already taking aim. Sir! We-"

"We need to leave. Now!" Markus said, cutting off Lily. Then he hurried away. "Strap yourselves in somewhere!" Markus said, running towards the control room. A smile befell his mien. An entity was still there. It was Zestor. Markus hollered, "Wake up buddy!"

Zestor did not respond. "Ah of course, how foolish of me." He went to him and pulled open a panel from Zestor's neck. There was a button. He pressed it long. And Zestor came back to life! After long periods of no commands or operations to follow, the robots shut themselves down to conserve power, when their charging stations became inactive; which was the case! While the Gods had dragged Sharlotte from their ship, they saw it black out. Probably after all this time, the power came back on.