Chapter 27: The Union

Moving through space with a superluminal speed, Jarka reflected back on what had happened on Yorx

Moving through space with a superluminal speed, Jarka reflected back on what had happened on Yorx. The old senceptian was unable to help him with the destination. How could he when all of what Jarka was able to tell him was whom he was seeking? He needed to state a destination to set into the suit in order to even lift off.

When Jarka was about to give up hope, he had heard a voice in his head, the same voice that had urged him to find the IMG in no other place but in Afterlife.

He had spoken in incomprehension of what he had heard in his head, in almost a whisper, "Zyphon?"

The old senceptian had seemed to recognise the place. "Well, if that's where you want to go then I can set the suit up for you. It should take you there in an hour."

"Yes. Take me there," he had almost spoken on impulse. "That is the place. It is where I need to be." Then, astonishing the old senceptian even more, he had asked for a breathing apparatus. One giving out air that was the same found on his planet.

The old senceptian had tentatively called some other beings who had prepared what he wanted. He had then enhanced the speed to nearly three times the speed of light, near to the maximum capability of the suit.

After Jarka was ready to take off outside the building, he had asked him, "Are you alive?" There was disbelief evident in his old voice.

Jarka had nodded before he took off.

Now floating in the awry space he was in, he kept repeating the scenes of the past few araks. He let his body move in the direction in which his blazion guided him in. Jets of energy released from under his triceps from the cylindrical thrusters. There were a few on his back too. He didn't know what he was doing. He only knew that whatever was happening, was destined and that he had a part in it. He had to make sure he succeeded. It was the only way.

__________

Letting out a scream of anguish, Juvo fell on his knees. There was a dent on the flooring where he had smacked his fist in rage.

"How could they do this?"

"Was there never any key left?"

"Were all keys destroyed?"

His incredulous followers questioned to each other in utter disbelief of the situation.

"No this cannot be. The book cannot be empty! We must be missing something. Maybe it's written with something that does not show itself everywhere. Maybe it requires special conditions to show its contents." Juvo tried to rationalize the situation. He turned to all of his followers. "I need ideas from all of you. Find a way to read this book. We are so close, we cannot give up!"