Chapter 10: Filling Up

The Interstellar Traveller neared to a distant solar system

The Interstellar Traveller neared to a distant solar system. One with small rocky planets with multiple moons. A proto star could be made out, obscured by the massive cloud of gas and dust around it.

"Anything important catches your eyes here?" Jayden asked, supporting himself with his hands on the top of Zestor's chair. He looked around. No one was there in the control room except Zestor and the B.O. brothers. Their springy hands extended upwards and pressed multiple buttons, causing the ship to slow down.

"Well, that's Zen-star," Zestor pointed towards the proto star. A sarcastic name for sure. "This baby solar system has got many minerals in these rocks. Probably the best mining spot one could find around."

"Now I see it." Jayden smiled as a massive ship came into view which was clunky and looked like a pile of junk floating around. "That's the fuel station, am I right?"

"Yes, sir!"

Whoa, we found it so quickly. I thought it would take a week at the least. Good for us. The payment's gonna come fast then. Jayden smiled at the thought. Getting paid for his first mission was like a dream-come-true for him. He thought of Sierra. She must be equally excited.

"Lily, have the reports come back from the admiral yet?" Sanduo asked her, glancing at her momentarily and then returning to his screen

"They came in not too long ago." She instructed S.O.H to connect to the system and retrieved the files. She then sent a copy of it to Sanduo. "That's it."

He read for a few moments and then nodded appreciably. "It seems the planet has been successfully evacuated, though the number of dead humans is quite large. The news stations are at repeat on our encounter and how the Galactic Patrol dealt with it. It's good for both of us. Both of us get the cash and the fame."

Lily smiled at his words. This mission was going smoothly so far. She hoped that the upcoming ones would go like so too. She tore open her second bag of snacks and munched in delight. They are really good. "So what is the admiral at now?" she asked, swallowing.