aftermath (2)

~•†•  With some quick thinking, Angel got Claire to a safe location and then into her apartment, easily enough.  The tribal woman put Claire in the queen-sized bed and then proceeded to walk to the kitchen window, to think more clearly.  Her mind raced at the thought that 'Red' didn't turn to dust, like vampires were supposed to.  He withstood the globe of daylight while the others turned dust and ash.  As a Nightbane, she instinctively fears and then hated him. Her instincts had been right on about that creature.  Vampires seek powerful toys and if adored, a beloved pet but nothing above that concept of a companion.

Was he that old?  what if he's the oldest in the world?  It would just be her luck. And that would be? Vlad Dracula?  No way! Couldn't be!  No..no..no vampires turn to dust!  They have too!  Her thoughts were interrupted by Claire calling of what seemed to be a man's name...

"Alucard ...my dark prince ...don't leave me behind!"  Claire started to cry in her sleep.  The coworker began to toss and turn as if she had a fever.  Her skin was cold and sweaty to the touch now.  Yet there appeared to be no marks on Claire's body ftom what Angel could see.

"Alucard?  Prince?  What a sick joke that vampire pulled on Claire...Dracula backwards," Angel snorted in disgust at the thought.  "That would make him the first Nosferatu and the most powerful, in theory.  Guess that would hypothetically answer my how old question."

Claire mumbled in her sleep and then was fast asleep.  She would most likely think it was all a bad dream and take a hit of weed.  As if bad things in life were that easy to dismiss.

With that Angel headed out of the apartment and home to the club.  She stayed in her own apartment or flat, on the side of the Shadow Run club, while Frank had an upstairs living quarter.  Her guardian wanted her to feel safe, but not being treated like a child.  Angel was far from being a child, with her life being, what it has been.

Frank would often wonder, what had happened to Angel, in Seattle.  Having lived at one time there, his mind drew blanks on such trauma
  There hadn't even been anything on the news except for some structural damage.  A car apparently had tumbled down the street too but didn't seem to alarm the current authorities at the time.

As for Angeline, she would be gone in the morning, as she was headed to a bookstore and the goal would be to buy a copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula.  Angel figured it wasn't all truth or even truth maybe at all, but it was a starting point and might give her an idea as what his mindset, could be more than anything. Give her points of info to either prove right or dismiss as wrong.  Eliminating fiction from fact so to speak.

A dark voice entered her mind, "The Vampire King will not leave you alone until you let me out..embrace your Morpheus ...I am your true form not your facade."

The woman answered the voice out loud with a yell of "NO!"

Angel tried constantly to ignore this dark voice that would appear from the darkest recesses of her mind.  After a few hours of restless sleep, Angel braved the traffic and public transportation while driving her Mini Cooper to a used bookstore, that Frank knew about.  Her guardian had a lot of questions for the young woman, but decided she would come, to him instead of him pushing for answers.  She was not wanted by the police, so it can't have been that bad, though people were missing in the area as of this morning.  Frank thought a few hours shopping and lunch, would be good for Angel.  She would only be out to attend school and worked the club when not on school studies.

Miss Colter needed to have some normalcy in her secretive, young life.  Frank was willing to give some on this endeavor, as long as danger wasn't a huge factor, of course.

Angel found the bookstore easily enough even though "Antebellum" was in an old section of London.  The door had a small bell on it and the tiny ring, brought a smile to the young woman's face.  She sniffed the air and took in the smell of old books.  It was a beautiful store to look through, and after spending an hour looking around, she finally approached the counter to see an older man reading 'The Invisible Man'.