Where (14)

"Angel take a drive with me."

The young tribal woman got in on the right side of an old and dented truck. The elder drove for about ten miles and then stopped at a meadow on the edge of some trees. Caribou could be seen grazing. The two sat in the truck and started out the windshield.

"My little Raven what happened in Seattle a year ago?"

Angel didn't want to tell him, but he was the local spiritual person of the tribe. "I got attacked one night in an alley by a diner...I changed form from the fear and not only saved myself but others.... like and not like me..."

"How are you going to heal your father?"

"Grandpa, I can say words of power and then the wounds heal quickly, the words come to me in my dreams."

"Could you 'heal' before you changed?" His eyes studied her intensely.

"No grandfather..."

"I need to see your 'form' to decide if you should be allowed to see your father again..."

"Grandfather please don't stop loving me after this...I'm a monster..." Angel stepped out of the truck and walked about ten feet away. A shrill scream let loose from the tribal woman and the caribou fled at the sight of her.  Her grandfather clicked his tongue at the sight before him. She had aspects organic and other non-organic aspects of sharp and twisted metal.

"Come and get back in the truck, time to see your father again but not like that...you'll give him a heart attack too..."

"Grandfather why did this happen to me? I thought the spirits would call to me not this monstrous form of darkness." Angel choked back tears.

"Your heart is torn into two pieces ...your people and the past is your feathers but the other is present and future that is forced on us and is a twisted version of nature...If you truly want to help us you must go on a five-year banishment from us, from the tribe. You cannot return for any reason once you leave, or you will be banished for as long as you live..."

~•^•~

Angel walked in the hospital with glazed eyes from the shock of being told to leave the tribe for so long. The young woman walked past family and entered her father's room. Grandfather walked behind her and closed the door. Angel shifted long black, sweaty hair from her father's face and started to say the words to cast the healing spell. She repeated the spell three times total and then turned to her grandfather.  Her grandfather hustled her back out, so her father didn't know she had come back in unconventional means.

"Come my little Raven it is time for you leave...."he sighed tiredly. He was saddened by the current events, but the spirits had a purpose for his special granddaughter, and he was not shown her path.

Angel drove back to her father's place and went inside. It was time to travel back through the mirror to England. Grandfather hugged her and then she turned to black liquid pouring into the mirror. Her grandfather had blessed her as she was about to begin a journey only beings of legends and nightmares can do.

The woman entered the Nightlands once and crouched low, in the ruined building, the mirror always placed her in. She turned slowly and saw the sister mirror, that would put her back in London. As she was about to go through, she noticed the mirror didn't show her apartment but a dark room, with a stone floor and a bed. The room also contained a large, black wooden coffin and a large wooden chair.

Angel closed her eyes to think...Alucard had taken the mirror to Hellsing. The young woman couldn't go back so she tried to change without screaming. Once she was in her Morpheus, she poured from the mirror to an empty room. Angel focused her mind and black shadows formed a portal that she stepped through.