first day (5)

~•‡•
Angel thought about smoking then decided that Alucard would continue to follow her. The tribal woman took off at a fast walk and headed to a dark, unlit park nearby. Meanwhile Alucard walked out and expected to see the woman smoking, to nobody around. He went to use his mind to track her and couldn't...so it was true he couldn't read her mind.

He let out a sigh. He figured she had gone for a walk and had been so upset, she had not paid attention to where she was walking. She was probably headed for the unlit park.

"Stupid girl..."

The No Life King expected to hear screams and some magic spell going off. When he reached the park, the only sound was a brief flutter of large wings then drops of the black liquid hitting the ground. The liquid disappeared within seconds. Alucard looked up and thought he saw a shadow of something but it was gone. His laughter filled the park, replacing the quiet of the night. He decided it was time, to do some investigating of the woman, during the day. He would be uncomfortable but it was worth it.

Angel finished the week without incident with the vampire. It was Saturday and she headed to Antebellum's, the book store. She had said she would work on Saturdays and she was keeping her word. The store was still closed so she knocked on the door. Angel knocked again and saw a figure coming to the door. It was the owner, Albert.

"My dear girl! Good to see you and early!" The older man let her in and closed the door.

"The store opens at 10 am on Saturdays so you have time to get something to eat. Have you eaten breakfast?"

"Not really, I didn't want to be late for my first day, sir," Angel smiled.

"I will not hear of it! Come in the kitchen and eat with me," Albert stated and waited.

Angel took that to mean, he would follow her, to the kitchen. The young woman sat down and Albert handed her a plate of eggs, bacon and toast. The next thing was a cup of Earl Grey tea. The woman closed her eyes and took a second bite, the food was so good.

"Albert this is so good! Thank you for the food..."

"I was told that Americans were rude but you have proven that is not true," Albert smiled then sat down to eat food.

When breakfast was finished, Albert showed how to handle the books and dust the shelves. The cash register was over a hundred years old so not much needed to learn. The one thing to know, was how to process credit cards. That would only be learned by a customer, wishing to purchase, a book. Albert was at his pay counter, reading a book, as usual. Angel smiled then turned to work on cleaning the store again. She loved the smell in the store.

After about 3 hours later, Albert cleared his throat. "Miss Angel, do you know London, well enough?"

"For the most part, why?"

"I have errands I need run and then you can get an hour lunch," Albert said with a sly smile.

"When do you want me to go?" Angel had the feeling, he was up to something, but didn't know what.

Albert rattled off the place she needed to go to, one was a tailor and another a candy shop. He also mentioned a small bistro to eat her lunch at. Angel walked to the door and opened it, to hear keys, coming her way. She caught them then looked back at Albert. "I have a car here but thank you Albert.."

"Well I thought you might like to use my car as it has special parking permits," he smirked. "Unless you plan to park and walk most of this."

Angel got the errands done and grabbed a sandwich to go. She sat outside then started to read Dracula again. She just couldn't believe how the main character acted in the book compared to 'Red'. He was supposed to be dead by a hundred some years. She looked at the cover of the book and shook her head. Why was she reading this again, considering it was fiction?