rough learning (28)

Angel rushed around Antebellum trying to find her keys. She had set them in the kitchen on a nail but that morning the keys weren't there. The young Nightbane was frantic as her college Id was on those keys. So instead of continuing to look, she went looking for Albert.

"Albert? Have you seen my keys?" Angel looked at him with a worried look. "I can't find them, and it has my id attached."

Albert pretended to think for a moment, "I think I saw you lay them on the front desk in the store."

"Thanks!" Angel gave him a peck on the cheek and then was gone.

With being in a hurry she misjudged her grab and sent items off the desk. Pens rolled along the floor and piercing her right ring finger was a red push pin. Angeline pulled the pin out and a tiny drop of her precious blood dripped onto the hidden contract in the pile of items on the desk. The paper drank the blood drop up and then transferred it to the exact spot of the two fingerprints overlapping. The one of Alucard's and one of Albert's. The contract was now sealed with the blood of Angeline Colter. The tribal woman sucked the pin prick hole and rang out the door with the keys in her other hand. As soon as the blood mingled on the paper contract, both Alucard and Albert were magically prompted that the deal was complete. The game was a foot more than ever.

Now the fates spun a dark future.

"I just got done with my test and we have to begin training now?" Angel grumbled. "Don't you ever sleep vampire? What happened to sleep like the dead during the day?"

"I am the first to be cursed. God made the rules and I continue to break them because I simply can," He grinned like a friend.

"Swell..."

It began to rain over Hellsing manor which made the polearm slippery to grasp. Angel took a defensive position with the bladed spear. It was top heavy and bulky to balance in an attempt to wield with accuracy. Alucard appeared on the lawn, his armor rustling over his broad frame as Vlad Dracula, Kazikli Bey and suddenly tossed a Halberd at Angel.

"You will train with this first, "he said stoically." Have you using a weapon with this capacity to do damage, is foolish at best."

Angeline scowled but stuck the bladed spear into the grass, handle up for grasping quickly and then proceeded to pick the Halberd up. The weapon was better balanced and of course the weight of the weapon mattered little. Vladan arrogantly strolled up and motioned with his right index finger to spin around. The Vampire King placed his body behind hers and demonstrated how to hold the weapon. Being taller, there was no effort required to model each maneuver of the axe-like weapon.

"Got this down now?" the warlord of old inquired.

"No but that doesn't stop you from wanting to test me now...." Angel elbowed him in the ribs but did nothing since his armor of long past covered his warrior's body.

Vladan, as Angel now called him instead of Vlad, began to place space between him and the young Nigthbane. His large, armored hand motioned for her to advance on him. Angel just nodded her head no. She had chosen to take a defensive position and make him come to her. And unfortunately, that is exactly what the No Life King did. He didn't even go the speed of an average vampire but that of an athletic male knight would.

Angel parried the strikes but was clumsy and often trying to gain her full balance again. Finally, she did a feign of a return strike, only to grab his Halberd and yank Vladan close enough to punch him in the face. Her incredibly inhuman strength sent him flying up and over the Hellsing lawn only to have Vampire King roll his body and land perfectly on his feet. He wasn't just some mere tank but an agile fighter.