the call (18)

Angel sat down at a kitchen table and started to eat. The food smelled good, and the young woman tried not eating too fast. Some men came into the kitchen to grab food also. One of the men was a Frenchman dressed in military garb, but Angel thought more along mercenary style of job. Six men sat down and were conversing among themselves. The Frenchman stood back up and moved so he was a cross from the tribal woman.

Angeline's looks were not passed by Captain Pip Bernadotte of the Wild Geese. He was the captain to this mercenary group. Angel also found him attractive between his long reddish-brown hair in a braid. His slouch hat made him look polished up in appearances for a mercenary. The final part was his one good eye, the other had a patch over it, was an eye-catching green color that put hers to shame, she thought.

"Bonjour mon cher, how is your morning going?" the captain ended his question with a wink.

"Fairly well considering my alarm clock was Alucard and mode of transportation to Hellsing," Angel had to smirk on that one.

"Tres bien! You have a sense of humor about the vampire. Are you a new recruitment?" he laughed.

"No, I am attending University of London for law school studies. I had better be able, to continue heading there, to get my law degree!" Angel was now concerned she had been kidnapped by the No Life King. "My name is Angeline Colter."

"I dun know mademoiselle; Alucard is quite convincing to most humans. Talk around the estate, is you're the newest member, of our team. I am Captain Pip Bernadotte, and my mercenaries are the Wild geese."

" Nice to meet you! Perhaps that explains, the call Sir Hellsing is having, with the U.S. embassy." Angel said between bites of food.

Pip tipped his head, "Mondur mon cher...you will most likely be heading home and hopefully free of the old vampire."

"Free of Alucard? Hardly as I have his undivided attention at the moment. And he can be a charming gentleman if he wishes to be." Angel smiled but with sad eyes to go with the smile. She had wanted the relationship to continue to grow but that wasn't possible now.

It was at that moment she made the comment that Alucard phased into the kitchen. Everyone in the kitchen jumped but Angel. She knew a few things about him gets jealous, impatient and temper.

"You're a 'loud' thinker Vampire King," she said with a smirk.

Alucard stood behind her and whispered in her ear, "Am I? I have never had anyone say that before. What kinds of loud thoughts did I have?"

"You are pissed that the U.S. embassy is telling Integra, the organization, I am free to go and I can't be held here against my will..." she shrugged her shoulders as she didn't care one way or the other currently.

"And what else..." Alucard said in a seductive voice.

"You have a 'diamond cutter' and feeling rather smug about my comment just now, but your anatomy is a sign of your ungentlemanly like thoughts," her lips pursed up.

"I am NOT those two boys that looked up your dress at the bookstore," indignantly he said. "Sadly, Walter is ready to take you home..."

"And you?" Angeline smirked. She had won this round for now.

"Food and sleep to be exact...have a good day my dear," and he was off.

Pip's mouth fell open, No Life King was taking her leaving, all in stride. His mouth closed again, and he watched Alucard, as he behaved around the young woman. Angeline had the vampire hooked, no doubt about it. There was no way he could stay away from her, even if he wanted to. The young woman had something he wanted, no needed, that would complete him.

Angel sat in the back of the sedan, as Walter drove her, to the Shadow Run. Frank greeted her at the door of the club. "I am so glad to see you! I was afraid, that horrible creature took you, for nefarious acts..."

"I'm okay Frank considering I have no tribe to go back to for five years. I have been banished until I grasp my true nature, I cannot help my people," she replied frankly.

She turned away from Frank and walked to the apartment. She didn't know where her path lied, but it was not here with her guardian. The guardian was a vivid reminder, she was banished from the life, she had known 24 hours ago.

Angel packed up what belongings she had and immediately drove to Antebellum. Albert said she could stay there for a while. When she drove up, Albert motioned her to put the mini cooper, in his garage. The demon settled her in the bedroom upstairs as, before and returned to the bookstore portion. It had only been an hour when she appeared, dressed in a long red peasant dress.

Albert looked over the book he was reading, Dante's Inferno. Her back was to a large mirror, that he had carelessly forgotten about in the store. And in the mirror, it reflected her Morpheus or true self. Albert stopped reading and licked his lips; he needed her to accept her Morpheus even more. "Angel, you heard about those young men, Seth and Brad?"

"No, I haven't. They date raped women and keep time with vampires...an old one." Her voice distant.

"Do you know his name by chance?" Albert asked.

"Yes, Adriean was all I got from him in the rose garden..." Angel looked around the bookcase she was cleaning.

"Angel tell me about your Morpheus, please?" Albert inquired now.

"What? How did you find out?" Angel said with a raised voice at him.

Albert pointed to the mirror, "Don't worry, I will remove that mirror tonight to keep you safe."

"Albert there is nothing to tell, you have seen my true form then..." Angel went back to cleaning.

"Only what I can see in the mirror, would you trust me sometime, to let me see this form of you?" the demon was trying not to come across to excited.

"Perhaps, do you know where those two boys are?" Angel stopped working and strolled over to Albert. "I made a promise that I would haunt them until they died of fright..."

Albert smiled, "I just happen to..."

"Then I guess there will be a show on the true nature of the darkness," she responded.