revelations (26)

Alucard or as Vladan as Angeline now calls him, had his sleeves rolled up on his dress shirt but didn't wear an apron. His shadows drew out from him to open the refrigerator for cottage cheese and eggs. His regular hands were working the flour and sugar.

"This is not truly Papanasi or Romanian cheese donuts as I was unable to acquire branza de vaci (a type of Romanian cow's milk cheese not commonly found elsewhere) at such short notice. It seems that cottage cheese is acceptable, and it will taste the same."

Now the cabinets rattled from his prehensile shadows to prepare whipped cream and blueberry jam. The vanilla bottle glided past as if Vladan was a supernatural octopus. Angel didn't know if to be frightened or completely amazed. Here someone and something so terrifying by nature could be used to create a simple comfort food.

Albert tsked at the Vampire King, "As always you cheat, vampire. You have to show off your shadow control even just making a simple dessert?"

An embolden Vladan grinned with a hint of his old arrogance from the past. "You are just jealous imp that you were not granted the same kinds of powers I have and trained to such effect."

"That is not a gift but what Hellsing has done through occult magic and ritual using the Ripley scroll information. Your shadows are the result of being experimented on and nothing more..." the demon scoffed at Vladan aka Alucard.

"I now know that you have been around about as long as I have been a vampire,"Vladan did a menacing smile with fangs dropped just upper and lower as if he didn't want to be completely looking, like a land shark baking in a demon's kitchen." What are you hiding from demonic imp or is it a who?"

Albert grimaced with his canines now showing that they are drawn to short points too. "That is none of your business cursed one."

"Oh? Must be someone big and bad from downstairs..." The No Life King chuckled. "I do think it is in the best interest of the young lady to know you have powerful supernatural enemies. Are you going to be able to keep her safe and sound? I do not have such enemies so Angel will 'fly' under the radar."

"Boys..." Angel cleared her throat. "I am still in the room and this pissing contest is getting tiring. I am going to retire to the bedroom, and if Vladan feels I still need to sample his Papanasi, I will be in bed while reading a book."

"Well make sure you remove all the art supplies I left for you on your bed,Corbul meu," he softly said with a huge toothy grin on his face. It was actually on the creepy side of looks.

"How did you know that?" Angel stood up suddenly.

"It was an educated guess and I spoke with Ava at the consignment store," the Vampire King smirked widened. "You may want to visit with her sometime. She used to be your mother's friend before she went to Alaska and met your father. Hence the jacket. It was given to Ava as a gift from your mother...so you deserve that coat as it should rightfully belong to you. Ava made sure, you thought you were paying for the jacket, but all along it was a gift. Ava says you have her cheekbones and green eyes."

Angeline paused in thought, "That is a little bit to take in."

"Oh?" Vladan inquired as he realized he wasn't getting the whole picture possibly from Ava. Albert, the imp of a demon, was particularly silent on this for some reason.

'My mom died shortly after I was born," Angel shrugged her shoulders. "She was badly mauled by a Kodiak bear. I never got a chance to get to know my mom."

"You have aunts and uncles from your mom's side of the family?" Vladan questioned the information. He suddenly had a sneaking suspicion about her mother and her death by a so-called large Alaskan bear.