courting (9)

~ Angel woke up about 4pm to hearing voices in the kitchen. She thought she heard Vlad's voice. The tribal woman took her shoes off and started to sneak, towards the kitchen. She wanted to see, if she could get to him before he detected her. The demon and the Vampire King stopped talking, for a moment and then started to laugh loudly. The two supernatural beings knew she was sneaking but she was doing a good enough job, that another human would not have heard her until it was too late.

Vlad flashed a fanged smile at Albert then went through to the bookstore. He would let her think she had surprised him. As he passed the spot she was hiding at, her arms laced around his waist and grabbed him. The vampire had figured she was strong, but she grabbed him hard enough, to throw him off balance. The couple bumped into the wall and Angel gave him a strong closed mouth kiss. She then ran across the store and out the door, barefoot. The tribal woman turned quickly then offered a challenge to Vlad.

"Catch me if you can!" she took off towards a small park.

Vlad had a sly smile on his face. She wanted to play with, who she thought was human. If she had known, it was Alucard and he was the Vampire King, she would be trying to stand her ground and casting spells to stop him. The Vampire King would play nice human, for a while, longer.

The afternoon breeze carried many summer scents. The grass and trees, along with the scents of children, to elderly people. He closed his eyes and sniffed the air. He was trying to isolate her scent. He caught a brief smell of her scent, mixed with the trees. He briskly walked to a spot and looked around a tree, but Angel wasn't there. A frown crossed his face and then he decided to use her blood to track her. He discovered she couldn't be tracked by the blood; he had taken in his drink from the night before.  This made things intriguing besides a bit frustrating too.

The Vampire King opened his mouth like a lion, with fangs visible and sniffed the breeze again, to find her. A small, snarling sound left his mouth and his pace sped up. He began his arrogant swagger, of a vampire, on the hunt.  There a small grouping of younger planted trees, that where set back, on the side of the park. His eyes scanned and caught sight of her crouched down. The wind was blowing her long, black hair freely. Vlad smirked and let a low, sexual groan out. She made him almost feel as if he was still alive.

Is she to be a bride? Hmm...not perhaps his queen. Would her ability to do magic end if he changed her to become his No Life Queen?

Angel saw him coming towards her, so she darted out into the open and stood ready, to run like a child playing tag. The No Life King flashed her a smile, that was of true happiness. He was enjoying, this time, being with the woman. He took the bait and ran for her. She sprinted to his left and the Vampire King spun to grab her. Angel ducked under his arms and ran a few feet away.

The young woman did a 'come and get me' finger motion. Vlad sprinted just a hair faster than a human and grabbed her waist. One arm wrapped around low on her waist and the other around her butt, to keep her skirt down. Angel in return, wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a passionate kiss, on the lips.

"My dear what was that for?" Vlad asked.

She smiled with embarrassment, "I am finally experiencing, what happiness is like, to have in one's life!"

"I suspect your guardian is not in favor of me, so perhaps he would be willing to meet me, and I may ask permission, to date you?" the vampire stated.

It maybe the modern age but fathers and guardians should still meet, the man that is involved, with a woman was Vlad's notion still.

"May I call him and see if he can meet you today, while I have the rest of the day off?" Angel hoped Vlad would say yes.

"But of course, the sooner the better..."Vlad had a wicked smile, that if the young woman had seen, would have made her blood turn cold.

"Hi Frank, can I have you meet someone today?" Angeline asked with a touch of excitement she had been trying to hide.

"Do I know this person? Is that man you met at Antebellum?" Frank stated coldly.

"Yes, it is. He wished to speak with you and has a question to ask?" Angel was now nervous.

"This young man can come along with you to the Shadow Run, ask his question and leave," Frank said with anger in his voice. "Beware, my answer will be no, when he asks anything. He will find his way home and not via you, either!"

"I understand Frank...we're on our way," Angel ended the call and turned away from Vlad.

The Vampire King heard her trying not to cry. She wanted to be brave and respect her guardian, but her heart felt crushed. The handsome man in her new life, was a welcome change, from the sorrows and fears about her people back in Alaska. Going to college was supposed to have some life events, beside a degree. She wouldn't 'party' but dating and having friends should be part of college.

Vlad held an arm out and waited for her to walk, next to him. She placed her body in his arm then walked with her head rested on him.

"Angel don't worry, I can be quite persuasive, if need be," Vlad wished to reassure her.  He needed to learn more about wild mage and her guardian Frank would make that difficult still.

"I hope so, but Frank is dead set on you, and he is quite stubborn. All things are set in stone..." Angeline stated matter of factly.   She knew the answer was no and would always be no ftom now on.  It made her heart ache and stomach hurt.