decisions (11)

Angel was in a terrible place, the Nightlands resided on the other side of mirrors. It is always dark, for there isn't a sun or stars, to get illuminate the sky. It is a wasteland patrolled by horrifying creatures. She was hiding in a burned-out building; near the mirror she came through. It had been six hours now but seemed like days. The tribal woman slipped back through the mirror to be in her apartment. That was her third visit to that terrible land.

The young woman was covered in dust and ash. She looked like a survivor from a bombed house. It was four am, but Angel was not staying. The tribal woman grabbed a duffle bag, stuffed with something and her Raven coat. She didn't know where she was going or staying but she needed to not be here. Angel parked her mini cooper in the driveway of Antebellum. 'Please let Albert hear her and let her in.' she thought.

The woman started pounding on the back door of the store. "Albert! Its Angell please let me in! I'm in trouble!"

She listened but didn't hear any sounds. Tears started down her face and her body slid down, to sit on the step of the back door. The rain had started to pour, and she was soaked to the skin. She was still wearing the black skirt. Albert opened the door, to have Angel slump, in the doorway. The young woman woke with a start and was shivering uncontrollably. Albert picked her up and closed the door. He flipped a light on, thinking she needed it and placed her in a chair, next to the kitchen table...

"Angel what brings you to my doorstep, this hour and looking as you do? What is this trouble you have?" Albert asked concerned.

"Vampire! Vampire!! He's after me! It's Alucard! Impaler king himself. I can't seem to kill him, and he won't leave me be!!" Her green eyes were wide with fear..."I've cast glow of daylight on him, but he only gets a sunburn, fireballs burn him but don't finish him off and I even put a blessed blade three times in his chest! Nothing kills him!"

"You know how crazy you sound? It's just nightmares, that feel real..." the demon patted her back to discover dust covering he4 clothes.

"Albert I'm not stupid or naive on this! It's Dracula calling himself Alucard! Just let me stay for a couple of hours and then I will leave. I will never bother you again. Just need to gather my thoughts..." her voice choked on tears.

The imp smiled and handed her a cup of hot tea. Alucard had pushed the girl and she had fled him. He wondered how No Life King let her get away. "What did this vampire do?"

"Alucard comes to the Shadow Run and is fucking a female co-worker...He is always harassing me and so I got foolish enough to cast the spell 'agony' on him. It only slowed him down, so I then cast simple invisibility and pulled a blessed blade when he left the side door of the club. I got three strikes in and ran to my apartment, He busted into my apartment through 2 fire bolt wards! I will never forget the smell of burning vampire flesh! He cornered me in the bathroom, so I cast globe of daylight and I heard Frank yelling at him. I escaped out the bathroom window and drove away. I have been driving for a bit..." she finished, and final took in a deep breath.

"Sshh...you're safe here now. Come now, let's get you warmed up and in bed..." the lecherous imp said.

"I need to get ready for class, I can't miss today!" Angeline now remembers.

"Yes, you will! I know the Dean and will take care of your absence," the demon reassured her.

Albert took her to a bedroom on the second floor. It was so he could monitor her, she had to go by him, to get downstairs to run away. The room was lavishly furnished, with a king size bed made from Mahogany, with a blood red canopy.

"Albert! It's beautiful! The bed is so big I am going to get lost in it!" Angel looked like a little girl playing dress up. The demon noted how tore her clothes were and the dirt caked on her was unusual.