questions (16)

Alucard quietly entered the bedroom to the young woman sleeping soundly.  He sat down in a Victorian chair.    The vampire sat in his usual way, legs crossed and hand on his chin.  He was in a quandary, how to approach Angel on 'them' and then the 'monster.  Was the raven creature her 'monster' form? Was that the 'monster' she referred to quietly?

 The Vampire King was trying to remember all the details of this new creature.  There were large wings made of what looked to be metal along with black feathers.  The legs and perhaps only one eye, matched the wings.  The most striking feature was the constant dripping of the black liquid from where the 'metal' portions attached.  It looks like a Frankenstein monster, that was tortured endlessly, with stigmata.  The metal limbs seemed forced on the organic tissue.  Alucard realized he was referring more to the concept of a supernatural creature then a monster.  It had sent a wave of fear, not that the 'thing' had to.  The appearance was as such that it caused him to pause, which was saying something, on the horror factor of its appearance.  It looked to be something from a nightmare.

Angel shifted in her sleep and rolled partially on her stomach to reveal her wings tattoo.  The vampire rose up and headed to the bed. Alucard settled on the edge of the bed and slowly stroked the tattoo.  It was quite intricate, and the ink shading made the feathers look real. 

A small moan slipped from her mouth.  The Vampire King stayed in his current form.  Being Vlad was most likely not going to ease the tension.  The vampire noted she appeared to be having a dream.  Angel giggled in her sleep and had a smile on her face.  The young woman was relaxed and stretched out in the quite large bed. Alucard let into temptation, and slid the silk sheet down off her back, to expose a small amount of her butt.  Angel felt a hand on her back, stroking the tattoo.  It was a nice sensation, until she came full awake, to see who was touching her.  It wasn't her dream of Vlad anymore and it wasn't Vlad stroking her back but his brutish 'Alucard' aspect.  A small gasp came out as the young tribal woman, as she scrambled in the silk sheets to escape the Vampire King.

  The fabric made the escape futile at best.  Her effort got her to a point her back touched the headboard.  She yanked the sheets up and over her knees.  The final step was to set her head on said knees, with her arms wrapped around them and staring at her feet.  Angel was rocking slightly due to anxiety that the one vampire, she never wanted to see again, sitting and touching her back.

"Vlad..Alucard please leave me be!  What have I done, that seems to make you think, you have to seek me out?"  She was trying to not sound like she was pleading.

"Just the fact you exist is enough of a reason..." the vampire replied in seductive voice.

"Is there any way I can convince you that there isn't a reason to continue to focus on me?" Her eyes pleading.

"Perhaps if You were to tell me everything about you, I might be satisfied to leave you be in time..." Vlad commented.

 He stood and yanked the sheets away from her to reveal nothing on her.  He figured she was completely nude under the sheet. Angel lunged forward to pull the sheet backup, but a vampire will always win out, just based on strength.  Alucard got a puzzled look on his face.  Her strength was strong for a female human but not near the strength to punch through a roof.

"Why were you at Roslin manor last night? "He inquired with his body movement signaling violence was coming.

Alucard watched her reaction with a stern gaze of a cat not amused.  He was partly not happy as a spark of possessiveness struck him That was odd for him...did he have the beginnings of feeling for this 'wild'mage?' No, he shouldn't, magic user or not she would most likely age the rate of a human.

"Forgive me Vampire King but I am not inclined to answer your question without clothing on," Angel held her head and announced this to him.

"My dear, I am being quite 'gentle' with you at the moment, so no on the clothes.  I could grab you and place you in my lap...to ask questions.  That is generally what I do with females to interrogate them.  My being up close and personal tends to increase the speed of said answers I seek and makes it easier to sense the lies," the vampire said with a straight face.

"You interrogate many females as of late?" Angel was grimacing after the statement.

"My fledgling is one..."

"Fledgling?  Not a bride?" she raised an eyebrow to him.

Alucard smirked," The book is a piece of fiction only.  There are many glaring errors in it.  I am not interested in brides anymore. Now stop changing the subject and answer my question." 

Though her question did make sense as to why his subconscious had produced the jealous moment.

"Albert thought it would clear my thoughts, on what I am going to do with my life, for the next five years by going there.  Brad invited me to the party at Roslin.  I didn't know they were mingling with vampires."  Her head was resting on her knees and her left-hand fingers traced patterns in the sheets.

"I think my comment a few days ago, about them not being gentlemen, on your first day should have been warning enough..."  he then tilted his head, "in the next five years?"

"Please Alucard I don't want to talk about it..yet," tears started to slide down her cheeks, "I promise to tell you once I process things for a few days.  Can I have a few days?"

Alucard paused,"Hmmm, remember I am the kind of person, who holds people, to their promises even before I became undead."

"Thank you Impaler King," Angel said in a low tone of voice. 

She had raised her head and looked him in the eyes.  For a moment or two her thoughts were lost.  His eyes weren't just red but a swirl of orange and red.  At this moment the vampire's eyes weren't scary to look at but beautiful like a sunrise that would herald a storm coming soon.

"How did you escape?"  he now asked with suspicion.

Alucard tilted his head as if the different angle would tell more than her words.  She did get startled out of some kind of thoughts.  He was once again reminded that he could not read her mind to see if she was lying.  This small fact was annoying him even more. 

Perhaps she had shields, she could put up from casting magic. That was going to be his first order of business, access to her mind.  Strong shields of the mind just need extra time and finesse to get in.  He definitely had time on his hands.

  "I remember casting globe of daylight, as I knew about the vampire Adriean, when I met him in the garden.  I hope you killed him, as I seem to have caught his attention too..." Angeline glared at him.

"Go on Angel..."  that nudge of possessiveness, turned to jealousy for Alucard, as said vampire was not dead permanently.  This Adriean would be back, and No Life King would make sure he was reduced to dust.

"Not much more, I felt a wave of fear and ran for my life...I don't even remember leaving the house, until I was found running down a road, 2 miles away.  I called Albert and he picked me up." She now shrugged her shoulders.

  Angel hoped Albert would back her up on the lie.  The imp had informed her, not to tell any of the truth, to him.  She was fairly confident, and the vampire couldn't read her mind, to see if she was lying.  She was more than thankful, that vampires, couldn't read Nightbane minds.

"Get dressed, you are expected at Hellsing to meet my master, Sir Hellsing." Alucard commanded.

"Hellsing as in Van Hellsing  killed you?"  Angel blinked her eyes a couple of times.

"Yes, yes..." Alucard waved his right hand as to say it was old news.   "I will take you as is, now hurry up!"

His gaze swept her head to toe. "You're wearing my colors, love." He stalked forward and leaned down to brush her cheek with a kiss. "Soon you'll be wearing me," he whispered for her ears only. — Rebecca Zanetti