mirrors (21)

Angeline hunkered down behind a cluster of large rocks that a large fragment of a once huge mirror. The nightbane didn't quite know what to do. Alucard would wait until she came through. Perhaps she could relocate her mirror, at Hellsing and get through, before No Life King got home.

Angel would sneak a thousand yards and then hide, sneak some more and hide. Finally, she spotted the broken wall that connected to her mirror in the 'real' world. The woman looked around quickly then pressed her face to the mirror. Her heart dropped, the vampire was sitting on his high-backed chair drinking, something like wine.

Angeline's blood froze. A Nightlands 'hound' found her. It laughed sadistically and lunged at her. The Nightbane dodged and went through the mirror to land in a heap. Angel jumped up, to shatter the mirror but it was too late, the hound was coming through.

In that instant her mind lost reason and even though she wouldn't be able to get away alive, she ran screaming. Being supernatural, she was faster than human and she punched the door out. It was no longer on its hinges.

Her breath came in ragged pants. She didn't even bother to use the hidden door behind the mirror but went right through it, smashing that mirror. That mirror could no longer permit a hound through. Another horrendous crashing sound, came from the hall, as a humanoid creature that looked like a skeleton in black bone armor, screamed in excitement. It was on her trail and would never rest until it killed her.

Angel stumbled and rolled back up on her feet. Who the hell had mirrors all down a hall! The woman saw some of Hellsing's mercenaries.

She screamed, "Shoot the mirrors! For fuck's sake, destroy all the mirrors!"

She saw a hound's hand reach through the mirror as she punched the mirror. The captain yelled a command and the wild geese started shooting the mirrors. Horror screams rang in the hall, as Nightlands hounds were stopped, from entering the real world.

One of the hounds' dropped its weapon.

Alucard had been irritated, about losing the girl but that all changed when not only did Angel appear but a creature of nightmares, entered through the mirror. It was actually faster than the No Life King and as strong. It flung him like a stick against the wall and pursued it's intended prey. He fired Jackal but it seemed like the creature took only slight damage.

The vampire phased into Integra's office to protect her. Angel was on her own, Master came first.

"Alucard what the hell is going on!"

"I surmise the captain is taking care of Hellsing's mirrors. Any mirror is a door to another plane inhabited by demons. Angel called it the Nightlands, Master."

"A demon is destroying Hellsing Manor and you're standing with me? Seek and destroy servant! That's an order! "Integra said angrily.

Alucard phased through the door and saw the skeletal demon wrap the end of a barbed whip around Angel's throat. The demon let another scream, of pleasure, at the pain it was inflicting.

"Angel had gotten her left hand fingers in between the whip and her neck. "Alucard! Only magic and supernatural abilities do full damage! Human weapons only half damage and full regeneration in an hour!"

Alucard growled and attacked the hound with talon like fingernails. The creature took a couple good hits from Alucard and then release the whip, to free up, the other hand. The hound made gleeful, high-pitched squeals and landed punches time after time, on the shadow King as it faster than him. No Life King was getting an ass kicking and only laughed maniacally.

Alucard broke free then began to remove the level restrictions, so Baskerville was released. His shadows started to take the blows instead of him. The hound picked the whip back up and began using it with powerful efficiency. The Barb's tore through plate armor on displays and rent huge gashed in the walls and floor.

Amidst the battle, Angel could no longer stay in her facade. She let pained cries out and transformed. Pip stopped right next to her and was going to help, her up. He stopped in his tracks and got a shower in Nightbane blood. His head went up and back, to see a seven foot plus raven creature, with metal wings nailed to its back and blood running wings, the legs and one eye. He failed at being horrified and could only watch the Nightbane grab the abandoned bladed spear, in its right clawed hand. Some words were mumbled, and the raven creature stomped towards the hound.

Angel realized bloodbath would work on it. It had to breath which meant it could drown. Her blood rose into the air and flew like black liquid tentacles at the hound. It froze and no longer made excited screeches. The black oily liquid flooded into its nose and mouth. It gurgled and made choking sounds. It clawed at the liquid in an attempt to stop the flow, but nothing could stop the blood choking it.

Angel strode up and ran the bladed staff through its chest, then decapitated it. She chopped all the limbs off and waited to see what happened next. It became black liquid and dissipated as Angel's separated to flow back into her. The Nightbane studied the weapon. Her wings rustled like a bird ruffling its feathers, but it was the sound of metal grinding.

The woman turned and headed to the gun range with the weapon in hand. A couple wild geese were frozen, in her path so she just put her hand on top of the man's head, so the claws went down and over his face. Angel lifted him and tilted her head like Alucard. She let a rumbling chuckle out. "I hope you like the darkness as I am it."

The mercenary shook his head 'yes'. Angel set him back down on his feet and patted his head gentle enough considering her strength was equal to Alucard. The vampire traveled as shadows up to the Nightbane woman.

"Where are you going Nightbane? If you try to leave, I will hunt you down, "Alucard almost wished she would do just that.

"Vampire follow and see what this weapon can do..." Angel chuckled with a mechanical sound to her voice.

Alucard watched her walk or stomp like a machine on bird taloned feet and her wings shifted, blood dripped onto the ground and splashed on the walls. Walter would have had a coronary, but her blood disappeared, so no mess was left.

"I need something made of steel to try on. I have heard things about hound weapons. The whip is unusual as the hound master use them."

"Hound?" Alucard asked.

"The Nightlands demon that fills the armies, of the Nightlands demon lords. I only know of Baal, who sits on a throne, made of bones. I think they are a race of evil creatures but I'm new to this, "Angel croaked out.

"This way Angel," No Life King bowed and beckoned her to a vehicle that was not being used any more.

The Nightbane tilted her head and spun the staff so the blade sliced through the armored transport as if she was ripping a piece of paper with merely her fingers. The vampire whistled.

"Very nice my dear but you are not skilled to use efficiently. I'm sure my master could find a trainer for you," Alucard said with a coy smile.

Angel walked up to him and placed her taloned hand on his head, raised him off the ground and squeezed his head. Alucard just laughed. Her appearance was horrifying but once the shock wore off, she was beautiful in the way a tortured soul is to poets. The vampire king, prided on not being moved by suffering, felt sorrow for her. Though her blood was foul, he had to fight the urge to want her blood. It still contained power and the imagery, of the blood dripping, turned him on beyond belief. He never had sex with a woman taller than him and she was over a foot taller in this form.

Kinky was written all over that thought.

Angel slipped into his mind to feel how sexually charged he was and thought she was beautiful in either form. Only a vampire would have a hard on from her appearance or so she thought. She didn't realize many dark creatures walk this world and seek a 'mate' of sorts.

Notes:
Glaive: bladed spear
A glaive is a European polearm weapon, consisting of a single-edged blade on the end of a pole. It is similar to the Japanese naginata, the Chinese guandao and pudao, Russian sovnya and Siberian palma (ru).

https://www.outfit4events.com/eur/category/98-glaives/