Chapter 60

A/N: By far the longest chapter. Capping at just over 5k words, this one actually wasn't incredibly painful to write (besides the beginning). For future reference, I will probably move the first half to the previous chapter once I get around to editing. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy, and please let me know what you think :) Love you guys <3

Side note: Forever grateful to my discord friends who hype me up for non-angsty moments, and just in general. The latter part of the chapter couldn't have been done without their help. Love you bishes <3

Chapter 60

Song (First half): Down by Simon ft. Trella, Fallout by UNSECRET, Neoni

Song (Second half): Tether Me by Galleaux/Heart by Sleeping at Last

Vince's POV

Despite the overwhelming desire to flee, I heeded Simon's warning, even if it seemed like a terrible idea. Two growls emerged from either side of me, and things started to make sense again. To my right, Lucas emerged from one of the caverns, rushing Michael and tackling him to the ground. To my left, my cousin and another beta, Dwaine emerged, his dark coat moved in a blur as he assisted Lucas. How I hadn't even been aware of their presence was unknown to me, but I was grateful they were here.

But I needed to know. Where was Simon?

Michael steered his direction towards the betas, snarling and snapping at their sides. Dwaine circled him as Lucas had gripped the back of Michael's neck. They pranced around, as Lucas thrashed his head, attempting to tear at the nape of his neck. Dwaine waited for an opportunity to strike, clawing at Michael's side, but I knew this wasn't enough. Michael was an adept fighter, something he had proven time and time again, both when he was here, and as a rogue.

And watching Michael practically messing with the two confirmed my suspicions. He was expecting me to fight too, but even with the three of us, there was no way we could hold our own. He knew all of our fighting techniques, he had practically taught us them.

He flung Lucas off his back, and I stepped forward, wondering what was the best course of action in fighting him. As I was about to lunge, A growl emerged from the mouth of the cave.

As we whipped our heads to the sound, my heart lodged in my throat. A wave of relief hit me as Xavier stood proudly, my mate beside him.

He was okay, I told myself. He was okay, and so was Xavier. They appeared to have minor injuries, but they were okay. Simon turned and gave me a gentle smile before turning his attention to Michael. 

With another growl, Xavier stalked forward, sizing Michael up as he remained calm, not even fazed by the open wounds Lucas had inflicted on his neck.

"Surely you aren't all stupid enough to believe the rogues are merely after just him." Michael snarled, rearing his head towards me. "Deprived of resources, food, medicine, you name it all. These rogues have more than just vengeance on their minds. There will be nothing left of that goddess-forsaken place."

"You," I fumed at Michael. I turned to Dwaine and Lucas and mind-linked them to head back to the pack. "You'd have your home destroyed? Pillaged and slaughtered?"

The betas looked at me, but I urged them to go. If the rogues had still been at the pack, I didn't want to risk the chance that Michael would have them destroy it all. Hesitantly, they retreated and left the cave. Michael turned towards us with a smirk, an ominous look in those eyes that flickered between his normal blue to his wolf's yellow.

He narrowed his eyes and scoffed. "Was my home. Besides, I can't control what the rogues do. What they do is of their own will. The only thing we desired was to wreak havoc on those that ruined our lives."