Chapter 53

A/N: Staying up at 1-2 am is not becoming common thanks to the discord fun, haha. Anyways, it's here. From this point on, there's going to be a lot of angst, just an fyi. Anyways, I'mma drop this and run hehe :) Love y'all, and hope you enjoy (or not). Comments, votes, follows are always appreciated. Let me know what y'all think <3

Chapter 53

Song: All the Same by Nick Wilson

Simon's POV

"Vince," I pleaded, trying to yank one of the pieces of paper out of his hand. "It says my name."

"Let go, it's nothing," he jerked it back. "Just forget it."

"If it's really nothing, then you should have no problem letting me read it," I argued as we continued to play tug of war over some stupid papers.

"Just let go," he growled before jerking the paper out of my hand, and I lost my balance.

"They're addressed to me, Vince," I said, my hip aching from the sudden jar as I got back on my feet. Vince stepped back, as if in shock at my fall, but I gestured to the paper he held in his hand. "Shouldn't I know why?"

"Th-they're not finished yet," he mumbled, his lip trembling as he leaned against the table.

"You were writing a letter to me," I stated, walking closer to him, hoping he could just make sense for once. "Why?"

He looked down at the crumpled papers, even the wads of paper lying around, anything but at me. "I was trying to explain it, everything that happened, and why. Those things you said you needed, to fill the gaps."

I stared at a few of the ones that were on the desk, surprised that he hadn't fought back from me reading a few of them, all unfinished.

Dear Simon,

Where do I begin?

Another read:

Dear Simon,

A scratched out I'm sorry with the words There aren't enough sorry's in the world for me to say-

"It's...not important anymore. They're stupid, just forget about it," he ushered, pushing a few out of my grasp, but I grabbed another. "It doesn't matter."

I picked up another one.

Dear Simon,

I'm sorry you were paired with me, you clearly deserve someone better.

My breath hitched at how something so painful was written so immaculately. "Vince-"

"Please," he pleaded, the blue in his eyes looking especially sad today as he gripped the other end of the paper. "Just leave it."

I blinked, glancing at the paper and back at him. A desperate look on his face. "These letters, is this what you've been spending all this time on?"

"Mostly."

"Vince-"

"It doesn't matter, just forget about what you read," he said before biting his lip.

"Why do you say that?"

"What will a damn fucking letter do, Simon?" His eyes fluttered as if blinking a tear away as his voice raised. "It won't do shit to undo everything."

"Stop-"

He crumpled one of the letters in his hand. "How can you just stand there and pretend it's fine? Fine that I did that to you? To your family?"

"Vince, I-"