Chapter 64

A/N: Almost there peeps, one more chapter and the epilogue T-T Enjoy as always. Love y'all.

Chapter 64

Song: Sorry by Aquilo; I Wish I Was the Moon by Ewan J Phillips; A Little Bit Yours by JP Saxe; For the Lover That I Lost by Sam Smith

Vince's POV

Six Months Later

It seemed even my dreams were filled with Simon. Be it the thoughts of him through the day, or seeing his face in my dreams, there really was no way I could possibly get him off my mind. No matter how hard I tried, he was still here, embedded in every facet of my life in some form.

And yet like every dream of Simon, I savored every second of it: every breath, laugh, smile, and word of his. All the things I had taken for granted, the things I never realized how truly beautiful it looked on him, I wallowed in that feeling here in my dreams. Allowing myself to simply let go, and feel what could have been us, even if it meant I had to face the bitter and sobering feeling of waking up to an empty room.

But this dream felt different. Too real, too immersive. Unusual, but I basked in it, admiring the sight of him, for however long this dream allowed.

We were in the council room, documents laid out on the table as Simon stood behind me, his arms rubbing soothing circles to my aching shoulders.

"Take a break," he urged, his breath tickling my ear. He pressed a chaste kiss to my temple. "We both deserve it."

A chuckle escaped me as he leaned against the table, lifting my chin to kiss me gently. We parted for a mere second, a mutual understanding and wave of longing for more passed us as we leaned into each other, this time more heated than the last as we fought for control.

"Shall we continue this elsewhere?" He smirked against my lips, a playful jest that lit a match under my wolf. I could feel him enjoy his little taunt, as I leaned forward, capturing his lips in mine, humming against them, sending goosebumps up his arm. "The bed perhaps?"

His hand traveled up my arm, reaching around and up into my hair. The feeling of bliss as his warm hand lured me closer, pulling me out of the chair, and guiding us to our room.

We had hardly made it to the room, kissing each other passionately, his hands roaming my back and more.

But, this didn't feel like a lucid dream anymore. This was moving too fast for my liking, and I wasn't sure Simon would've appreciated how fast this was escalating either. No, it didn't feel right at all. I watched as Simon's hands canvassed my chest, prying the shirt away from me as the back of my knees hit the edge of the bed. He smirked before pressing his hand to my chest, guiding me to lie down as he straddled my lap.

Something was definitely not right about this.

Simon paused, waiting expectantly as the out-of-body feeling was returning. The room around us distorted, and I wondered if this dream was shifting.

He looked down at me with concern, one hand trailing to the hem of my pants, fiddling with the button as he sat the rest of his weight down, shifting his hips rhythmically. Trailing up, I met his eyes, his lips parted as the lustful haze in his eyes made his deliberate and sultry movements that more enrapturing.

He let out a breathy laugh, before taking my lips in his, those wandering hands getting braver and bolder. My stomach clenched as he met my eyes.

"Please," he nearly begged, a foreign look in his eyes. "I want this, Sam."

It was like cold water splashed down my back. Sam? Was this not a dream? A vision maybe?

I never jolted awake so fast, the questions swirling in my head as I tried to steady my breathing. The sheets had been damp with sweat, my hands trembling violently as the vision replayed over in my head. It felt so real like he was still here.