Chapter 8

Sorry, it's late, I honestly hate writing in Vince's POV lol.

Vince's POV

To no surprise, I woke up with a massive headache again. Blame it on this stupid bond thing with the rogue or the alcohol, it was getting on my nerves. The morning light peeking through the semi-closed blinds seemed like the bright headlight setting of a car at night. The unfamiliar bedsheets and smells was a reminder that I had spent the night in some random person's bed.

No surprise there, this wasn't the first time I had decided to carry on with the fun from the bar.

It took some effort, but I eventually made it to the bathroom to wash up, when the sound of kitchen appliances started beeping. I tried to make sense of my disheveled hair and put on the clothes that were thrown haphazardly on the floor the night before, before walking into the kitchen.

I'd be lying if said I had remembered the blonde's name from the bar yesterday.

"Mornin' sunshine," she gleamed, placing two cups of coffee on the counter next to the freshly made toast. She got awfully close, before placing her hand on my forearm. "I'd check your phone."

I hummed, scooping the coffee up and cradling it with both hands before sitting down. I pulled out my phone to see the slew of messages, voicemails, and missed calls, mainly from Sarah and Xavier.

The blonde leaned over my back, reading over my shoulders. "Seems someone's a bit obsessive."

I had noticed from the bar that she was the clingy type, something I'm glad Sarah wasn't. The blonde was starting to get on my nerves. Before she could caress me further, I stood up and dumped the untouched coffee down the sink, before reaching for my shoes.

"That someone's my wife," I huffed, heading toward the door.

She grasped my arm and whined, "oh stay a while, why don't you? It's not like you were thinking about her last night."

"Enough," I shouted, shoving her arm off of me.

"The least you could do is compensate me you jerk!" I heard as I slammed the door.

By the time I got to the pack, it was already a little past noon, and Xavier had been waiting for my car like a hawk. Sarah was standing near him, but it was Xavier who was waiting to chew my ass out about being late to the morning meeting.

"Lucas, of all people, had to inform me of what needed to be done. Where the hell were you?" He was shouting before I had even exited the car. "You know what, nevermind. We decided we needed to do more patrols, and agreed that you should be the one to lead it for today, alongside Sarah. There have been numerous sightings of rogues near the northern border, and I think we should start from there."

"Where are the betas now?"

He gestured toward the northern border. "They're at the RCPP, most of them anyway. We have the regular betas stationed where they need to be. The betas that normally do patrols will act as our backup. It's best we stay near the neutral territory. Can't risk injuries in this weather."

"Alright, I'll meet you there," I said, before reaching for Sarah's hand.

She seemed a bit standoffish, but I grasped her hand tighter. She looked at me through her dirty blonde hair bangs before nudging me.

"I might not get to experience the bond pain like most, but I still know where you were," she lectured before pinching her nose. "The least you could do was spray some cologne."

I kissed her cheek in apology. "At least I brushed my teeth this morning."

"The least you could've done was not have done something as stupid as sleep around when the pack could be facing a rogue attack," she punched my arm. "You still reek of alcohol."