Chapter 52

A/N: i know it's late, don't kill me, LOL. (Blame the discord server) But it's here. Ehhh, i'm not proud of this chapter, but next chapter will be major angst-town, hope you're ready. Comment, vote, follow, etc., and Enjoy! I'm going to hibernate now since I stayed up way too late to finish this. I'll try to get the next one up soon :) Love yall <3

Chapter 52

Song: Golden by Riley Baron [I actually envisioned Vince seeing Simon at the orphanage with this song]

Vince's POV

Tell him, my wolf pleaded, pacing back and forth with a whine. Tell him it was you.

No, I told him, as Simon leaned against the wall, his eyes still closed, afraid of looking at me. Afraid of me. He wouldn't want it to be me.

No, he argued. Tell him it was you. Please.

I gritted my teeth, hands balled up in fists at my side. Of course, I had wanted to tell him the truth, to tell him that I had wanted to see what it was like, to try. But he was petrified. He wouldn't possibly understand, couldn't have wanted that from me. It would've been better if he thought it was my wolf.

After all, Michael was right, I had trouble controlling my wolf. I'd do things on whims because of him. Got us into more trouble than I could remember.

But not this time, he snapped. That was you, all you. Tell him.

No. Goddess, if only there had been a time machine. I could've refrained from kissing him, maybe even go all the way back to the beginning again. Redo it all until it was perfect.

"Vince?" Simon finally asked again, his eyes still shut.

"I'm sorry," I muttered finally, afraid to look at him not. "Did-did my wolf hurt you?"

My wolf snarled at me, you idiot, before ignoring me altogether, disappearing.

"Oh, no. He didn't," he responded with a frown. I couldn't look him in the eyes, but he pushed away from the wall before rubbing at his arm nervously. "It's fine. Nothing happened."

He smiled softly, but it was nowhere near like the one from earlier. I wasn't even sure you could call it a smile compared to this morning. In the softest, almost too faint to hear, he breathed, "of course it was."

He didn't have to elaborate for me to understand that I had fucked it up further. My breath hitched, as he walked past me, our shoulders just barely grazing each other. I wanted to stop him, reach out, and pull him back. Tell him that I had lied, yet again, and that it was me. That it had been me, not my wolf this time. That I had wanted to know what it felt like. That I had felt something different between us. That I had just been scared, yet again. But it was too late. I was always too late.

---

I hadn't seen Simon after what I did yesterday. I had stayed in the office, failing to write the letter and work on the stack of paperwork on the rogues through the night. My mind was reeling from the memory of yesterday, so much that I probably only had maybe a couple of hours of sleep. I don't even remember if I had eaten anything. Surely, I must have eaten something, right? Had I really skipped that many meals?

Maybe I should take a break, shit, what time was it? Leaving the mess of papers everywhere, I decided to look for my stash of granola bars I kept in my room. That would hold me over I guess.

I peeked into the room, glad he hadn't been in there. I wasn't sure what I could even say to make it less awkward between us if he had been in the room. Sorry, I randomly kissed you? Sorry I was a shit mate and did something so shitty?