Chapter 26

A/N: Part II, let's go. If you thought Part I was intense, you aren't even going to be prepared for what's to come, LOL. But in all seriousness, this chapter was a struggle, I wasn't too proud of this one. For once, I was more excited about the next chapter in Vince's pov more than this one. I know you probably won't agree with Simon's decisions, but I just want to say that he too has his own flaws, just as much as Vince has his. Don't forget to follow, vote, comment, I appreciate all the questions, concerns, theories, etc. 

Chapter 26

Simon's POV

I didn't want to leave Sam. It was a truth I learned while watching him work. The way he carried himself, doted on others, it was all like tiny anchors embedded itself in me, preventing me from thinking about leaving. It was so enticing, intoxicating, the amount of comfort I felt here. But I knew deep down, I couldn't stay here.

Although humble enough to deny it himself, Sam was too perfect. The sheer amount of selflessness and compassion was enough to drown me, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle it if I stayed any longer. I wasn't sure this profusion of positivity he exuded would be enough to save me from my burdens.

I'd only be a burden to him being here. He had said it himself. This was just temporary, this wasn't an home. He had other patients to worry about. I couldn't take up space here when there were so many more in need.

Sam had been cleaning up one of the rooms after the last patient left when I decided to tell him I was going to leave. My heart felt heavy, as if I was dragging it with a leash behind me, but I knew as much as it would hurt, I had to tell him the truth. I wasn't going to continue to believe this was going to turn into something impossible.

But before I could even turn to him, a sudden wave of pain hit me, my legs buckling beneath me as I grasped onto his forearm desperately trying to stay upright. My entire left side felt like it had erupted into flames, the pain shooting up my spine and shoulder as Sam's words of concern seemed to fade into the distance despite being right by my side. I blinked past the tears, only to be transported to the middle of the forest, seeing what Vince was going through earlier. Michael with those piercing gold eyes staring down at Vince. He was losing, just as Xavier had said.

There were three deep lacerations ran down his side, the blood running through his black fur, smaller scratches marred his face. Puncture wounds littered his neck, and yet, Michael seemed perfectly fine. Despite Vince being roughly the same height and stature as his brother, Michael stood taller, far superior, and all the more confident. But so was Vince, or maybe he was just brash, naively determined to fight back.

I watched as he fought back in vain, as I desperately wanted to yell at him to stop. It wasn't worth it. He was going to get himself killed, and all for what? His alpha role?

But there was something different about Vince. It was something I had only felt once before. His wolf, fighting for control. All these years he hadn't appeared, was always suppressed, so much so, that I had almost thought he was dead. He was pawing at the surface, fighting to completely take over and fight Michael, even if he was weak. But there was something more. His wolf was looking for something, and that made my wolf restless.

And then I watched helplessly as Vince charged forward, only for Michael to pin him to the ground, successfully winning the fight.

And despite what I told Xavier, that I'd be alright if they had to fight, it wasn't. It hurt a lot, so much that I think I blacked out.

All I remember was coming to in the clinic room I had found Sam in earlier. I had curled up in a ball on the floor, my head rested on Sam's thigh. He was brushing the hair behind my ear, adjusting the blanket wrapped around me.