Cerulean City : Part 8 - An Anticlimactic End

Two pokeballs went simultaneously into the air and two Pokemon came out on the devastated battlefield with only a few standing platforms intact.

The pokemon which looked like a dancing ballerina stood confidently upon its two slender green legs on a half-destroyed steel platform on the swimming pool gazing upon the cyan blue colored Eeveelution which was also glaring aggressively at him.

It was going to be the final clash between the oldest Sensational sister's Vaporeon and Ash's best friend Kirlia.

Everyone was standing on edge. Ash's eyes narrowed and fists clenched in anticipation. He analyzed the situation properly...Ash concluded that his chances of winning are quite good.

'Vaporeon is a pure water type and so Kirlia's Magical Leaf will easily defeat it. Magical Leaf is also an unmissable attack so I don't have to worry about missing. But the biggest problem is Vaporeon's speed. Vaporeon are well-known for being very fast in water and their infamous Aqua Tails at high speed which can devastate the hull of a ship...Kirlia can easily counter Vaporeon's special water attacks with Confusion and Psybeam and he can use Calm Mind to boost special attack and special defenses...' Ash thought to himself.

'...Furthermore Kirlia can use Double Team or Teleport to dodge any attack...I just have to get a few Calm Minds and Double Teams and then we can easily take down Vaporeon...Fine then...' When Daisy didn't give the first attack order to her pokemon Ash decided to take things into his own hands, 'Kirlia start with Double Team!'

Kirlia nodded and followed his order. Very soon there were almost 10 illusionary clones of Kirlia standing upon the platform and the water of the pool.

While Ash was doing his calculations about winning this match Daisy was having her own internal debate, '...As far as I have seen till now this guy is smart. VERY smart. First of all he brought Luxio and Bulbasaur in hopes of gaining a type advantage. He made a mistake by underestimating Lily and neglected the possibility of a dual type pokemon...And yet he managed to keep his Luxio long enough with Agility to diss out some heavy damage to BOTH Marshtomp and Lanturn. He also refrained from using any electric based attacks against Lanturn either knowing or being cautious about its ability Volt Absorb. When Marshtomp went underwater he didn't have any attack to hit it underwater so he improvised and made the whole pool poisonous which forced Marshtomp to come out - WAIT A MINUTE!! HE MADE THE WHOLE POOL POISONOUS!!' She thought with widened eyes and looked at the figure of her Vaporeon in the water...

Her Vaporeon was shifting uncomfortably as if...as if it was trying to get out of the water...

Even Ash noticed this minor detail and smirked smugly, 'Oh dear, I didn't predict this at all but it seems like Lady Luck is on my side...The whole pool is poisonous and Vaporeon is having trouble swimming in it...'

Daisy scowled as she saw the satisfied smirk on Ash's face. She had to end this match...fast. Or else the poison in the pool could do something to Vaporeon.

"Vaporeon use Whirlpool and trap those clones!!" She ordered. It was not a likely strategy to work but still...Currently she was cornered because the poisonous water in the pool was hurting Vaporeon so she had to do something atleast. But she also had something else planned. If the whirlpool luckily hit near where Kirlia was standing then Kirlia would be forced to dodge or teleport which would separate him from his clones...And then even ONE accurate Aqua Tail would be enough to end this match...