The Trail To Vermillion - Part 6

"You do understand the gravity of the situation don't you Ash?"

"Yes I do Bill Sonezaki. I perfectly understand what may happen if this falls into wrong hands. And that's exactly why the old man sent me to take these to you"

Ash and Bill sat on a table having breakfast. There was a small file on the table that was opened. Some documents were taken out from the file and Bill was currently inspecting them.

Bill's hand was shaking, he was sweating profusely as he closely inspected the documents. Ash although highly perceptive and studious in his school years, had not studied biotechnology enough to have properly understood all the documents. So he missed quite a few documents. But Bill was one of the most prominent researchers of the entire century. So he perfectly understood the value of the DNA structures imprinted on the documents.

The DNA code was highly familiar to Bill. He knew it. He knew...who...no...what these codes belonged to. The mother of all Pokemon...Mew. But there was something else in the code too...It was not entirely correct.

Not exactly wrong per se...But just...different. As in intentionally made different. Then there were the theories and the newspaper report...The Catastrophe Of The Cinnabar Mansion.

"...Ash...Whatever you have seen you must keep a secret -" Bill was interrupted by Ash though,

"I know perfectly what those documents are. The Cinnabar Mansion Catastrophe was actually something caused by Team Rocket. That's why I was sent to deliver these. I know Team Rocket would be after anyone's ass who delivers this to you. As I am already on Rocket's radar, it was sensible to send me -"

"But you are just a kid!!" Bill interrupted with a frown.

"...A kid who stopped the Rockets in Viridian. A kid who stopped the Clefairy kidnapping at Mount Moon. And a kid who saved the Cerulean Gym and killed a Rocket. Yes. A kid. So please continue your bitching while I go patrol this area to search for Rockets" Ash responded emotionlessly with a straight face.

Yes. He had told Bill about everything that was till now only known to Oak and Tulip. He figured that if he was going to be a mutual acquaintance with Bill, then it was better that there would not be any secrets between them. Ash was not short-sighted enough to not be able to predict that this would not be the last time he was meeting Bill.

So he told Bill everything.

Bill released a sad sigh as his grip on the documents tightened. No kid should be subjected to that. Killing at such a young age with trauma was not something he would wish upon anyone (Well except his ex-girlfriend).

With a very somber tone Bill opened his mouth to speak, "...*sigh*There's nothing I can do at the moment it seems. This...pokemon? Creature? Whatever was made during the Cinnabar Mansion Catastrophe was artificial. And...HOW in the name of Mother Mew did they even manage to merge Mew's DNA with...some unknown factors I will never know..."

Bill was currently experiencing a lot of pressure. If these recent events were anything to go by then Team Rocket was on the rise once again. He would never know how in the bloody hells did Team Rocket manage to stay alive under Lance's radar for so long.

Moreover he was supposed to be the best scientist on biotechnology and Pokemon DNA and yet...there was THIS absolute anomaly that he just couldn't figure out. It had hurt his pride.

Meanwhile Ash hummed thoughtfully, "...Bill...I do not know what you are talking about Mew's DNA and that creature. But I know this...Mew is a legendary pokemon. I dare call her a deity. She is known as the mother of all pokemon. Whatever was created from her DNA is bound to be a monster...In the hands of Team Rocket...I would not like to imagine the consequences of such a thing happening..."