The Struggle For Life On Route 1!

After the departure from Pallet town and farewell with Leaf Ash headed straight towards Route 1 which led to Viridian City. He came across a couple of Pidgey, Rattata but none of them caught his interest.

He had his egg in the incubator which he held in his left hand and Ralts walked slowly beside him. They battled a few Pokemon on the way who came across and attacked Ash but Ralts took care of them easily with his Confusion attacks.

'So Ralts see any pokemon worth catching?' Ash asked...Ralts shook his head, 'Nope! Wait! There is a Spearow in front of us! There!' Ralts pointed towards a clearing in front of them. A Spearow was dining on a fruit there.

Ash frowned, "That's no use to us" Ash kicked a nearby stone in frustration which...unfortunately...(by sheer dumb luck and its cruel pranks) landed on Spearow's head.

'Oh shit....'

The next few things that they knew were that they were running as fast as they could from the angry Spearow who had even started to call for its friends to help hunt down Ash.

They ran and ran and ran for 20 minutes. They ran continuously for about 10 more minutes...Years of training had hardened Ash's body so he could keep running for 2 hours straight and still not be winded but Ralts was having difficulties so Ash returned him into his pokeball.

Ash had momentarily got the flock of Spearow of his back and he came across a grove and hid there. Ash just sat under a tree for some time for a breather.

Suddenly Ash heard a pained groan coming from somewhere...He looked around for the voice and the voice said, 'Don't...take...mum...away...Don't...Please...'

The voice was not very clear but still audible enough. Ash looked around in the grove around him to see...a Shinx lying on the grass with many cuts, bruises, and gashes on its body...bleeding.

Ash's heart leapt out of his mouth as he gasped...the amount of injuries it sustained would kill any pokemon by now...it was alive on sheer willpower.

Ash dashed towards the downed Shinx and immediately started to channel Aura into his hands...Since he was still wearing those gloves...The purple stones on the gloves started to glow as Ash felt his Aura control getting better...

Did father have Aura abilities like me and this glove help in Aura channeling and control? Ash wondered for a moment before he went back to healing it...

The deep gashes healed first and soon it stopped bleeding...atleast.

'Shinx can you hear me?' Ash asked it...The little blue and black pokemon opened its eyes wearily and blinked to clear his vision...

'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY MUM! GIVE ME BACK! GIVE HER BACK!! GIVE HER BACK FILTHY HUMAN?!' Shinx started to bark and snarl at Ash...

Ash frowned, 'Listen Shinx, I do not know what happened to you and your mother but I was not the one who did that. But you can atleast be a little grateful because technically I saved your life just now...Now tell me what happened?'

'And why should I? – WAIT A SECOND!! HOW IN THE NAME OF THE LORD OF THUNDER ARE YOU TALKING TO ME??!'

Ash shrugged, 'I don't know maybe I have some Aura abilities which let me do that? Now are you gonna tell me or do I have to extract the memories out of you?' He asked sarcastically.

'Grrr...FINE! I used to live with my mother in den and then just yesterday some bad people in black suits with a huge ass 'R' on their cloths came and captured her. I was chasing them since then and then a flock of mean birds attacked me. And yes! Thank you for saving me! Now I am going to rescue mum!' Shinx was about to turn away and run when Ash caught him by the tail...