Chapter 4 - Chunky Monkey in a Junkie

You get what you work for
Not what you wish for

Let's just say I slept in through detention. I was thinking about setting my alarm for 7 but decided against it. I mean maybe I'll go another time where it's not at the ass crack of dawn. I quickly grab a shower before throwing on a large dark purple crew neck and black biker shorts. I curl my hair and apply light makeup ready to start my first full day.

First up assembly. Torture already. Apparently, they have these long-ass assemblies in the morning every day to go over some bullshit. I grab my backpack and shove a bunch of school crap in it before picking up my map. I have no clue where this dumbass assembly takes place. Toni probably told me but I don't remember. I swear I have the memory of a goldfish.

"Howdy partner," AJ greets as I open the door. Hendrix and Chase are behind him talking.

"Too early for me to function," I say closing the door behind me.

"How's it going sunshine," Hendrix greets.

"If any other person talks to me before I get caffeine in my body, I will perform an evisceration on you, myself with my favourite knife and stuff you like a teddy bear," I threaten continuing to walk to the cafeteria.

"They don't have any caffeine here," Chase mentions and I halt in my tracks.

"You're serious," I question and he nods.

"This place just keeps getting better and better," I mumble sarcastically, walking into the cafeteria. I grab a tray and stuff breakfast onto it before sitting back in my spot leaving the guys behind. Toni is already sitting down. Hendrix and AJ soon join us not long after.

"Where's Chase," I question realizing he's gone.

"Got in a fight with some kid," Hendrix mutters pointing his fork behind him. I look over to see Chase and this other guy shoving each other. I instantly stand up to get a better view.

"Well if you're going to kick his ass could you hurry up!" I yell at Chase as the kid shoves him once more. Chase throws a wink my way before tackling the guy to the ground and sending punches straight towards his face.

"You don't want to get in the way," Toni warns as I'm about to walk up to them.

"So I can stay here and eat which is boring or watch Chase kick someone's ass," I think out loud. "Yeah no thanks," I say before skipping over to the fight.

Chase's face is a bit bloody. I think Derek the other guy got a few hits in. At least I think it's his name. "Let's go Derek!" I cheer. As he tries to overturn Chase.

"Seriously?" Chase asks, pinning Derek down and looking up at me.

"Break it up!" Someone yells and Chase instantly gets off Derek.

"Quite a show," I whisper to Chase.

"Something to spice up your morning. Hope that replaced the caffeine," he whispers back.

"Alright after school detention for you," he points to Derek on the ground. There's an after-school one. I quickly grab Chase's face and rub his bloody cheek against mine transferring the blood onto me.

"Anddd you two," the teacher drawls out, looking over at Chase and me.

"Fair," I nod walking away back to my seat. I'm kind of curious to know what they do in detention. Plus it's kind of my fault, I started it. Chase makes his way back over and Hendrix, AJ and Toni all stare at us.

"What?" Chase and I say simultaneously. I turn back to my hash browns and start eating them.

"You're a little bloody," Hendrix clears his throat.