Chapter 11 - Irony

The worst feeling in the world is
knowing you've been used and lied to

"Is this even a quote," I whisper, sliding my phone to Chase.

"Sounds like a message," he whispers back. I slide my phone back into my backpack.

"Seriously shhh," Toni turns around silencing us before turning back to the teacher.

"What are you guys hiding," Hendrix whispers to us.

"Does no one care about education. Shhh," Toni utters once more.

"Yeah you've been weird since you guys got out of house arrests," AJ mentions.

"I'll seriously hurt you," Toni threatens.

"I bet Chase hit," Hendrix smirks, knocking AJ's shoulder. AJ nods in agreement.

"Shut up," Chase growls at them. He throws his pen at them and AJ laughs.

"Obviously didn't," Hendrix rephrases.

"Do you guys ever shut the fuck up," I ask.

"Let's see do we dear," AJ asks Hendrix.

"Nah we don't darling," Hendrix plays along.

"I think the old lad needs some ass," AJ snorts.

"And the gal can use some dick," Hendrix reciprocates. I hold up my middle fingers, one for each of them.

"I'll seriously slit your throat and use your blood as paint," I threaten. Not one of my best threats but who cares.

"Bluffing. She got her knife confiscated," AJ says.

"You mean this one," I ask, pulling out my pocket knife. "Do you really want to try," I ask, holding the knife to the back of AJ's shoulder.

"Okay. Ma'am I'm going to the washroom," AJ stands up and leaves. I laugh a little to myself knowing he's scared of me. Basically it's been a week and we are finally off house arrests. And no, nothing happened between Chase and I. If anything he's been a huge pain in my ass.

•••

"You do it!" I shout at Chase.

"Are you fucking with me. I'm not your slave, you get it!" He shouts back.

"I'll fucking get it you useless cows," Shawn says getting up and walking over to the instructor.

"Why do you keep picking arguments with me," I finally ask. Chase ignores me looking away.

"Alright fine. Be a dick," I mutter sitting down on the grass. Another outdoor day of Anger Management.

"I'm back. Here," Shawn says, handing me a notebook and pen. He hands Chase a pair and keeps another to himself.

"These are our journals. Everytime you feel angry, sad, happy even, frustrated or any strong emotion in general. Write it. Write everything down from start to finish and date it," Shawn reads the instructions outloud.

"What am I a ten year old girl writing down my crushes in a diary," Chase jokes, making Shawn laugh.

"It's called journaling. Try it, maybe it can pull the stick out of your ass," I roll my eyes. Shawn laughs even harder making me bite back a smile. He has a kid laugh that's adorable.

Chase grumbles walking away. I watch as he walks to another tree and sits down. He actually opens up the notebook and starts writing in it.

"What's up with grumpy," Shawn asks, using his thumb to point towards Chase. I shrug opening up my notebook not knowing what to write. There's so much I could but so much I can't.