Chapter 25 - Family Drama

Smile at the people who don't like you

"I want him out NOW!" Ben shouts. Walker goes to turn around but I grab his arm stopping him.

"Well I don't care what you want. You said I can invite friends and these are my friends," I determine sitting down. Walker and Chase both take a seat on either side of me as AJ, Hendrix and Shawn sit across from us.

"We already had to deal with Colin. We don't want any of your groomer boyfriends over," Kelly sighs sitting down nonetheless.

"Walker is not a groomer. He also has never been and never will be my boyfriend," I determine.

"Plus I have a girlfriend," Walker adds.

"Your own age?" Ben questions. Walker nods and everyone begins taking their food.

"So has Charm gotten in any trouble since she's been to this camp," Kelly asks. AJ and Shawn both snort. Hendrix chokes on his drink. Walker is stuffing his face with pancakes so he doesn't laugh. Chase keeps a straight face but I can tell he wants to laugh.

"No ma'am," AJ salutes.

"It's rude to lie to your elders son," Ben says.

"First off, do not call me son. Secondly, she got detention on the first day," AJ says.

If I cared I would yell at him or something but I don't. Instead I smirk sitting back letting them unravel everything.

"Held a knife to my throat the first day," Shawn adds.

"Snuck out," Hendrix continues.

"Slept through a class," Chase says.

"And that concludes her first day," Walker finishes. I told him all about it. He told me I should be nicer and try. So much for that.

"Don't forget I skipped detention," I point out.

"For fuck sakes what're we going to do with you," Ben sighs.

"I don't know. Kill me," I joke.

"That's enough Charm. You really think you can play around. I'm serious," Kelly shouts.

"So much for family brunch," I mumble.

"When you get back from this camp you're going to be on full lock down. We'll pay Kevin to watch you 24/7," Ben says.

"Only going to school and back," Kelly mutters.

"I'm not coming back," I state.

"What?!" Everyone at the table exclaims.

"Look I'm so close to getting my sister back. When I do I'm looking for my parents," I determine. I push my plate away from me already losing my appetite. This is definitely going south.

"THE HELL YOU'RE NOT," Ben slams his fork onto his plate. "You're 16! You're legally ours till then," he adds.

"Legally ours, that sounds like some forced cult," Hendrix intrigues.

"You need to give up this fantasy of you finding your sister. She's probably dead like your deadbeat parents. Couldn't even watch their children," Kelly rolls her eyes.

"You know what, fuck you Kelly and fuck you Ben," I get up from my spot and throw down my napkin. "You don't know the shit and fucking hell I've been through. Hell you don't even know them and have no right to talk about them," I shout walking away. I'm done.

Chase's POV
I watch as Charm walks away with tears in her eyes.

"What the actual fuck. Are you guys her parents or owners. Treat your fucking daughter with respect," I spit getting up. I walk down the hall looking for Charm in her room.