Chapter 20 - Missing My Sister

She's standing on the line between giving up
and seeing how much more she can take

"Turn it off!" I yell hearing my alarm. I slowly realize no one is in the room. I slam my fist on the alarm repeatedly but it still doesn't turn off. Fed up with it I grab it and throw it across the room. The shattering and crushing sound is like music to my ears. I throw the covers over my face and fall back to sleep.

"I told you she's in here."

"What the hell happened to her alarm clock."

"Just wake her."

"You want me to wake the beast. Remember last time."

"Pussy."

"Alright big man you do."

"This wasn't my idea."

"Toni, wake her."

"Is there like a broom or something?"

I hear whispers but can't tell whether I'm dreaming or it's coming from my room. I ignore them in an attempt to fall back asleep.

"I'll do it."

I feel my shoulders shake and words I can't quite make out. My body alerts me something is wrong and thoughts race through my head. I quickly grab my knife under my pillow and the hand of the intruder. Flipping them so I'm on top of them with the blade of the knife pressed under their throat.

"Let me sleep," I groan. "Wake the fuck up right now," an unrecognizable voice says. Their voice holds authority and power. I open my eyes seeing a man I don't know with the tip of the barrel of his gun to my forehead. I don't move and freeze. "Get up," he demands. I get up holding my hands out as he laughs at me. I look to my left seeing Carmen. "Go," he nods his head to the doorway and Carmen and I slowly walk out. I hear a shot and immediately duck. "Hurry the fuck up I don't have all day," he growls.

"If you wanted to be a top all you had to do was say so," a smirking Chase says under me. I throw the knife across the room sitting up still straddling Chase.

"Ah! Watch where you throw that," Hendrix stands up from just ducking at my knife assault.

"How many knives does this girl have," I hear AJ's voice.

"What the hell are you guys doing here," I ask.

"School. You missed the assembly and breakfast. We're about to be late for our next class if you don't hurry up," Toni explains. I roll my eyes getting off Chase and heading to my wardrobe.

I pull out sweats and a hoodie before lazily dragging my ass to the bathroom. I begin brushing my teeth and washing my face. I change not bothering to do makeup and throw my hair in a bun.

"She's always on her toes," I hear Toni whisper as I walk out the washroom.

"Yeah maybe that's because I was kidnapped," I bluntly say as I pick up my backpack.

"Charm I didn't me-"

"It's fine," I leave the cabin walking towards our first class. Science. I sit down at a desk pulling my hoodie over my head. I lay my head on the table using my arms as a shield to cover my face.

"Charm," I hear whispers around the room and people calling my name but I ignore them. Do you ever just want to go home? Back to your sister and your original family. Before you got taken away by force and only one was able to make it out. That being you while your sister is still trapped in that hell hole. No? Didn't think so.

"Charm, would you like to go to the office. If not I suggest paying attention," fucking teacher can shove it up her-

"Charm," a soft voice says. It's Toni. She rubs my shoulder but I shake it off.