Chapter 37 - Blood Hungry

People living have no fear of death

"Coming Car," I ask. Carmen does the same thing I do but when she jumps she slips.

I catch both her hands just in time and pull her up. "You've never been the ambitious one huh," I banter.

"And you've always been the suicidal one huh," Carmen mocks as I help her over the railing. We walk inside the empty room and I open the door. I shut it immediately as people march down the halls. I wait until the coast is clear to run out. We make it to a staircase and run down a couple of floors.

We make it to the ninth floor and I open the staircase door. We run down to my room 903 and I unlock it. Except it's different. It's been searched.

"We need to leave," I push Carmen out and we run back to the staircase. I unmute my mic.

"Do not go back to the room, it's been searched," I warn everyone as Carmen and I run down flights of stairs.

"Why, if it's already been searched," AJ asks.

"Because it won't be the last time they search," Walker, Chase and I say in unison. "Until they find what they want they'll do a couple more times," I explain.

"Ahhh gotcha," AJ says.

"Where are you guys now?" I ask, not hearing gunshots anymore.

"Hiding," Hendrix retorts.

"Alright keep me updated. Carmen watch out!" I push her to the side as four shots ring out. I grab my gun and shoot the two men shooting at us. Their bodies drop to the ground and their blood stains the concrete stairs.

"Charm, are you guys okay," Walker asks.

"Yeah but clean up on aisle 9," I joke walking over their bodies. Carmen follows and we make it to the bottom floor.

"So Chase is cute," Carmen says as we rush through the hallways. I mute my mic.

"Yeah you can have him," I tell Carmen.

"What do you mean? Aren't you dating?" Carmen asks. I really don't want to talk about this right now.

"No. I broke up with him so," I shrug and shoot someone running towards us. Their body tumbles over and we continue running.

"But you love him," she says as we rush through the venue.

"Yeah I do. But doesn't mean he does," Carmen and I continue shooting men as we run. Not caring if they're innocent or not. We're both just blood hungry.

"He does. I can see it in his eyes," I move Carmen slightly and shoot behind her. We duck under a counter and I lift my head and shoot four men. We get back up and begin running again.

"Yeah well if he di- oh fuck," I curse. A group of men approach us and I pull Carmen into a closet.

"Knife battle," she challenges.

"Get ready to get your ass kicked," I smirk, retracting my gun. We pull out our knives.

"Most kills win," she says as I open the door. As we approach the men I slowly realize it's Louis' gang.

Carmen is the first to charge at someone with no hesitation surprisingly. She's gotten better with her strength.

One guy shoots at me and I duck yet charge at him. I stab him in the throat and his body drops onto the ground. Mine does too over him as I lose my balance and his blood splatters everywhere. But I don't find it gross this time.

I actually find it refreshing.

I look over to see Carmen tackle a guy right in front of me. She looks up at me and smiles as she slits the guy's throat and I watch everything that happens. "That makes two," she gloats.