Chapter 39 - Mr. Knight

The unexpected is what changes life

It's been a week and three days. Shawn and I got discharged from the hospital today. Shawn will need crutches for a week or two. But he can walk pretty fine without them. I'm supposed to relax and not participate in activities that cause a lot of movement. But I'm not going to follow that.

You probably already know that. When's the last time I've followed rules?

"So is anyone going back to camp T in the fall," AJ asks. There's only really like two weeks left of it but because of unfortunate circumstances we're off early!

"Yeah right," I scoff.

"Hell nooo," Shawn drawls.

"That shit was the worst camp ever," Hendrix says.

"Especially with their shitty ocean theme," Chase adds. "We're just a bunch of bad blood mixed in the sea," he tells us.

"An Ocean of Bad Blood," I laugh out loud.

"Basically," the group laughs along.

"The only good thing that came out of this was you guys," I admit.

"Awww," they coo.

"I regret it now. I'm taking it back if you're going to get all sappy," I mutter staring out the window. We are driving to a hotel. We have an early plan ride tomorrow morning. We found Walker's backpack and rebooked everything. Tomorrow I'm going to see my dad!

"Fine. But I did get my other half back," Carmen adds.

"Same here. Love you Car," I tell her.

"Love you too C," she reciprocates by blowing me a kiss. The guys all know I don't like to be touched right now. They've all respected it. According to the doctor it's normal with the traumatic events that passed.

But for some reason. I won't freak out if Chase touches me. I should though, right? I mean why wouldn't I?

"We're here," Hendrix announces. The car stops and I look out the window at the hotel. "Unfortunately there are only 3 beds and a couch. That's all that was left. We'll have to share so partner up," he gets out of the car and we all follow. 

"Couch!" Carmen calls dibs.

"Alone!" I call out.

"Alright Chase you and me. Hendrix and Shawn," AJ says as we walk into the hotel. I look back seeing a small glimpse of hope being shattered on Chase's face. But it's gone in a flash. 

We make it to the hotel room and up to our rooms. We all get spread out and order pizza as we flip through channels.

"Carmen, can I talk to you," I ask. She nods and we walk outside leaving the boys to their football game. "Back when we were kidnapped. Do you know what caused my amnesia," I ask her, seeing if she remembers. She takes in a sharp breath and breaks eye contact.

"Right," I mutter to myself. I begin turning around to go back inside.

"No Charm wait," she grabs my arm and I flinch. "Sorry I forgot. Look it was dumb of me to do that. I was young and mad. I love you more than anything you know that," she explains.

But is it good enough?

"Okay," I breathe out.

"Okay?" She questions.

"Well I need time to think about it. YOU, my own sister, twin sister let a man abuse me in more ways than one," I argue. "And watched!" And told him to.