Chapter 18 - Dark Red

I'm stronger than I think I am
Mentally and Physically

"Ow. Cagna," I curse at Chase as he wipes the alcohol down my cut.

"You're really going to call me a bitch in my own language," he laughs.

"Yes I am. But your father is even more of one," I roll my eyes pressing the hot rag to the side of my abdomen. "No offence," I quickly add in with a smile.

"It's fine. He's the biggest asshole I swear," Chase says. He takes the rag from my stomach and wipes it with a paper towel. I watch as he squeezes out the remaining water in the sink. He turns on the tap letting the hot water soak it then squeezes most of it out once more and places it on my shoulder. I hiss at the sore pain as he applies pressure.

"I told you not to fight him, Luck," he looks up at me before taking my arm and wrapping it. Marcello cut down it with his knife.

"Hurts?" Chase asks as I flinch.

"A little," I reply honestly. My whole body is sore, that fight lasted like 20 minutes. Of mainly me taking hits.

"Good," Chase banters and I push his arm. He tilts my head up and takes the bandage off my neck. "Luckily you don't need stitches," he mutters bandaging my neck up with clean ones.

When he's done he cleans up and puts everything back in the first aid kit. I stay seated on the bathroom counter letting my legs dangle. He places it under the counter before standing back up and looks at the bruises on me.

"Are you seriously okay?" He asks softly while he takes the hot rag off my arm revealing more.

"Want to kiss it better," I joke.

"Be careful what you wish for," he whispers before kissing my shoulder going up to the cut on my neck. He trails kisses down my jaw grabbing my waist.

"Yo!" Someone shouts, knocking at the door. Chase groans pulling away. "Unless you want me to piss on the floor get out," I hear AJ's voice. Chase lifts me off the counter even before I can do it myself and I open the door seeing AJ.

"Oh by the way your dad says dinner is at 8 PM sharp! Don't be late and bring the girl," he imitates Marcello Italian accent. "Now out unless you want to see what a real man looks like," AJ sends me a wink. I cover my eyes walking out as I laugh.

Chase follows behind and we see Hendrix sitting down on his phone. I walk over to the table he's at and sit in front of him.

"Here," Hendrix slides a pair of shorts and a hoodie. I recognize this hoodie. It's Chase's. I slide on the clothes before sitting back down.

"Chase I love you man but I'm dreading going to this dinner with your dad. He's an asshole and don't get me started if your brother is there too, I'll kill myself," Hendrix whines.

"Sorry H. Wish I could get you out of this," Chase utters. He rubs his hands with his face, I've never seen him so stressed out.

"What happens if you don't go?" I question not understanding why he can't just skip.

"You go or die," Hendrix imitates his voice. I laugh at the fact that he says that.

"I think I could take him. Again I mean," I laugh twirling my knife around in my hands.

"Ahhh yes the warrior. How the hell did you even manage to do that! Not to mention your insults kept going, the vein on Marcello's head was about to burst. Only one other person has been able to. Beat Marcello in a fight I mean," Hendrix exclaims.