Chapter 33 - Sobriety Pack

Love will fuck you up more than drugs ever will

"No," I stop him, putting my hand up. "You cheated, lied and fucked up. YOU don't get to call me Luck or anything at all. Don't talk to me," I throw my water at his chest before leaving his cabin.

I run ignoring his calls all the way to my cabin. I kick off my shoes, change out of my clothes and throw on pajamas. I crawl into my bed and cry.

I used to rarely cry. I hate crying. Now it seems like I've been doing a lot of that lately.

Remember when I said this was the best birthday. Yeah, I take that back.

•••

It's Monday again. I didn't bother telling everyone what Chase did but I think they know. I think he told them himself. I haven't left my room all weekend. Toni came by to give me food but most of that is spoiling on my desk. I barely ate. The boys tried coming by but I never answered.

I finally showered after not showering all weekend. It's weird how I feel so sick yet I'm not sick. Just sick in the head. In the heart. A heartbreak type sickness.

I skipped breakfast. I haven't been hungry. I skipped the assembly this morning. Toni caught me up and everything. I'm supposed to make my speech for the camp night with Chase but I don't care. I'll make mine alone.

I dab some concealer under my eyes making sure it covers my red puffy eyes. I don't want anyone to know I was crying. Especially over he who shall not be named.

I grab my bag and walk outside on my way to science class. I'm not even excited about this. On my way to the class my stomach starts doing flips. I run to the washroom throwing up.

"Hey are you okay," someone asks.

"Can you get the nurse please," I ask. She nods, running out her ponytail bouncing behind her. Might as well make the use out of my vomit. I can get out of this period

"Hey sweetie. Come on," she helps me up. This time it's a different nurse thankfully. I wonder what happened to Candy.

She helps me all the way to the nurse's office. I sit on the same leather bed with a strip of paper spread across it. She checks my temperature and heart rate.

"Have you eaten anything," she asks. I shake my head. "Any appetite?" I shake my head once again.

"Alright. I'm going to get you some tea and a muffin. Any suggestions," she asks.

"Peppermint and blueberry," I smile weakly. She nods, exiting. I lay my head back. I can't believe how weak I've become.

Love really fucks you up. More than any drug I've taken and more than any alcohol I've dranken. Saying love is a drug would be an understatement. It's an assassin, killer, it's poison, it's venom. It's fucked.

I sit back up when she comes in with peppermint tea and a blueberry muffin just like I asked. "I'll be next door if you need me. I'll give you a note for this class but you need to go to your next," she explains.

"Thank you nurse. Um what happened to the last nurse. Nurse candy?" I ask.

"Car crash accident. Which I find weird because she doesn't own a car or drive," the nurse whispers the last part to me. "But we'll never know," she hums as she leaves.

I gulp hard. Someone killed her. Car crashes are always a main source to covering up murder.

"If you kill someone, report back. We'll hide their body or set up a fake death," Mr. Knight explains. My uncle. "Fake deaths are usually suicide, car crash or drug overdose. But always review their history first," he smacks his hands down on the table. "Do they drive, use drugs. Suicide is easy because if someone knew and could stop a suicide. They would. Suicide is the unexpected killer," he says. "Now test! I'm giving you tests. 100% or you're out!" He shouts. I gulp down hard. Better ace this shit.