Chapter 36 - The Real Wedding Crashers

She's going to say "I got this" even with tears in her eyes

"AJ where are you," I hear Hendrix say through the earpiece.

"Food table. Where are you?" AJ replies.

"Outside of the groom's room. Where we are supposed to be!" Hendrix exclaims. "Bring your dumb ass over here and stop stuffing your face!"

I look across the room seeing AJ run out. I laugh a bit to myself and Chase chuckles. "I don't know how AJ stays so fit yet eats so much," I comment.

"Charm, come in," I hear through my earpiece. I tap it once, turning off my mute settings.

"Sup Walker," I greet.

"Chase in?" Walker asks. I look next to me and Chase taps his earpiece.

"Here," Chase announces.

"Alright, the bride's room is sketchy. I need Charm to go check it out and Chase to check outside," Walker says.

"Roger that," I joke around. I tap my mic muting it once again and stand up. Chase walks towards the outside as I walk down the hall. I open a door leading me to the bride's dressing room but it's empty. Unpopped champagne, unopened gifts and neatly folded items.

"Charm! Hide, someone is coming towards you," I hear Hendrix whisper. I rush to the closet and hide inside behind a couple of boxes.

"Oh my gosh Carmen, your fiancé is so hot. How'd you snag that hunk," I hear voices go all around the room.

"You'll know during our speeches. It's a surprise duh," I hear my sister's voice for the first time in years. I hold back my tears. I will get to see her soon.

"Where are the champagne glasses," an unknown voice asks.

"Closet," someone else says. I duck even lower hiding. The door begins to open until someone stops her.

"Are you crazy? We don't need wine glasses," Carmen's voice says.

"Charm, come in," Chase says through my earpiece. I tap on the earpiece once.

"Kind of busy right now," I whisper really low as the girls giggle and get ready.

"We need you back," Shawn says. Are they fucking serious right now?

"Well you need to get the bridesmaids and bride out of their room if you want me out," I seethe.

"Fuck, I'm coming," Chase says before the line goes silent.

"What the fuck. Chase what're you doing?" AJ asks worriedly. Next thing I hear is a knock at the door.

"Hey ladies I'm pretty sure they need some help out there," Chase's voice spreads across the room.

"Oooh who's the hottie," one of the high pitch voices squeals. Giggles go around the room and a deep chuckle from Chase. He says something I didn't get and the girls giggle even more.

Is he seriously flirting with them right now?!

"Guys this is Chase. A good friend of my s- uh friend," Carmen catches herself. How the hell does she even know what he looks like?

"Yeah. Carmen, can you please go out there with your girls. The beach wedding is a little messy right now," Chase pleads.

It's silent for a few seconds before Carmen talks again. "Oh yeah um of course. Let's go girls!" A train of giggles gradually decreases.

The closet door flies open and I look up at Chase. He holds out a hand for me and I take it. He helps me up and we leave quickly. I was so close to seeing my sister. So fucking close