Chapter 26 - Guilty as Charged

A person in two months can make what a person in two years couldn't. Time means nothing, character does!

Today is another field trip. This time overnight. Finally get to get out of this dumbass cabin for a bit. The guys and Toni are supposed to show up any minute so we can walk on the bus or whatever. I don't know Toni's idea.

Sanders got replaced by someone new. No one has heard from him. Not even the school and vice principal. Even his wife. They've filed a missing person's report. Maybe he'll show up one way or another.

I've got a few more bits and pieces of my memory. Of me and Carmen, my dad, our kidnapper but none of my mom. At all. I don't even remember if I have one. But I know I do! I do! I fucking have to!

"Knock knock," AJ peaks his head in through the door as he knocks on it.

"There's no point in knocking if you're going to open it anyways," I roll my eyes playfully.

"Good," AJ shrugs, barging in and throwing his crap on the ground. The rest walk in throwing their bags on top of AJ's. Except Shawn.

"Where's Shawn?" I ask.

"Got in a fight. He's in the office right now," Chase says. I take a good look at him, seeing a bruise under his eye.

"And you?" I question.

"Couldn't let him have all the fun," Chase jumps onto my bed before pulling out his phone. That's just his cover up because really he was protecting Shawn. Their bromance is so weird, I thought they hated each other at first.

"Here I brought you hiking boots," Toni hands me a pair of black hikers. Hiking boots?

"Why?" I ask suspiciously, taking them from her.

"We're going to be hiking. I mean we're camping, what else would we do," she laughs.

"C-ca what," I stutter.

"Camping, did you not read the form," AJ asks.

"No," I run over to my desk, sending papers flying everywhere. "Where the fuck is the form!"

"Anyways did you pack yet?" Hendrix questions. I look over at him scrunching my face. "Oh my god. Hurry, the bus leaves in 2 minutes," he reminds me, looking at his watch.

"That's enough time," I grab my duffle bag and head to my dresser. I open the drawers and just shove a bunch of random shit into it. I think about bringing my gun but decide to just stick with my knife.

"Let's go!" I shout and we get up running towards the busses. Fortunately we got there last but right before they left.

•••

Chase hasn't said anything the whole ride there. To me! He said a few things to AJ, Hendrix, Shawn and even Toni! Are we in a fight again? Wait! I didn't do shit this time. Maybe he's just on his period.

We are right now walking through the forest. Looking for some lakeside view to set up our tents. Apparently we aren't allowed to all share because boys and girls can't mix. I mean it's bogus. People are gay what if girls and girls do "stuff" or boys and boys. Who's to say boys and girls can't just be friends.

That doesn't mean we aren't going to sneak in their tent. I mean if you think about it rules are just suggestions. A guideline if you please.

"Here," Toni throws the big tent box they gave us on the ground.

"You girls need help setting up your tent," Shawn asks. I show him my middle finger and he laughs. "I'm just kidding."

"Yeah last time you were just kidding I had a knife to your throat." I imitate his laugh.