Chapter 14 - Walker's Place

We follow his instructions slowly walking backwards. Sarah grabs me but in a swift move I have my knife to her throat pressing hard. Chase snatches a gun out of someone's hands and places the tip of the barrel to Louis' head, holding him in a headlock.

"Open the doors!" I yell. The rest of Louis' crew stands there staring at Louis. Chase presses the gun harder to his head. "Open the fucking doors," he repeats.

Louis gives them the okay and they do just that. When they open I see AJ, Hendrix and Shawn all in the car waiting for us.

"Get down on your stomach. Everyone!" Chase orders. I keep the knife to Sarah's throat as she goes down on her stomach. "Cross your ankles over," Chase informs and they do just that. "And your hands" They continue to follow Chase's instructions.

"Count to 100 right now," I demand, wanting to partake in the authority. When they don't I push the knife harder on Sarah's throat till blood drips. She starts counting and everyone follows in.

I look over at Chase. We slowly move back and run to the car. I pick up one of the gun's off the ground before hopping in the backseat of the car. "Drive!" Chase and I both yell and Hendrix floors it.

Once we are out of danger I take a deep breath and lay down.

"Are we heading to the camp?" Hendrix asks.

"No," Chase says. I look over at him before sighing.

"Drive to Walker's. We can't go back right now. Especially knowing Sanders is a part of this whole criminal kidnapping shit," I explain.

"Alright," Hendrix says, taking a right. I lay my head on Chase's shoulder before shutting my eyes. What has my life come too?

•••

I start waking up as we pull into Walker's driveway. I get out and use the key he has hidden in a fake rock before unlocking the door.

"Basement," I whisper, taking off my heels. How the hell did I even manage to run in these. I'm pretty sure one of them is broken. Everyone else takes off their shoes before we head downstairs.

"There's a bathroom over there. Closet over there has blankets and shit. Take down the mattresses and I'll go get you guys a pair of clothes," I whisper walking back upstairs.

I noticed Melanie isn't here. Her shoes or car arent by the front. I head upstairs into Walker's room seeing him passed asleep on his bed. I tiptoe over to his closet and pull out the clothes he never wears. I quickly change into sweats and a shirt then head back downstairs to the basement.

"Here. You guys can shower if you want but I'm going to sleep," I hand everyone a pair of pajamas. I lay down on the couch bed before shutting my eyes. Not fully asleep I feel the other side of the bed dip before a warm embrace around my waist making me feel safe.

•••
Old ways won't open new doors

I wake up to the smell of waffles. Not just any type of waffles. Walker's Wonderful Waffles. I get up looking around seeing everyone gone. They must be eating. I rub my eyes before lazily dragging myself up the stairs. The smell of fresh waffles and coffee brings me back to life as I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning slugger," Walker greets.

"Are these the W-W-W!" I exclaim running over to the tower of waffles. I place three huge square waffles on my plate and drizzle chocolate sauce, squirt whip cream, scoop out vanilla ice cream, dash fruit and sprinkle sprinkles on top.

"Easy there with the toppings," Walker takes the syrup from me before I can finish pouring it.

"What's the W-W-W?" Shawn asks as I walk over to the table.