Chapter 16 - Friendly Fights

Never judge a book by its cover

"Welcome to my place," Chase welcomes dropping his bags down in the foyer.

"Damn so you're like, loaded rich, rich," Toni breathes out checking out the huge place. It's not even Chase's house, it's one of his many beach houses.

"Yeah I guess," Chase shrugs, placing his hands in his pocket.

"Tour! Tour!" I shout, jumping up and down clapping my hands together like a child. Chase rolls his eyes before walking and we follow.

"Living room... Kitchen... Bar... Dining room...  Bathroom," he mutters before we walk upstairs. "Guest Bedrooms... That one is mine... Bathrooms... Movie room," we head downstairs to the basement. "Gym," he finishes and I look around at all the equipment.

"Is this a wrestling mat," Hendrix questions, stepping onto it. Chase answers as I look at myself in the mirror. I haven't worked out in so long, maybe I should try again.

"Hey AJ come fight me," Hendrix challenges.

"Ask Chase to. I'm busy," AJ rejects skipping using the red weighted skipping rope.

"No he's too good," Hendrix whines.

"I'll fight you," I challenge before hearing Hendrix and AJ laugh.

"Without a knife sweetheart," Hendrix reminds me and I walk over to him as I take off my sweater.

"No weapons," I assure, staring at him. I stand in front of him on the mat waiting for him to get ready. He laughs again before realizing I'm serious.

"You're serious," he asks and I nod confused. I look over at Chase who's intrigued.

"I don't think you should," Chase says. He definitely knows I can fight or have the ability to. Especially with how I treated Shawn the first time I met him.

"Look, what's the little princess going to do? I've been training since I was six," Hendrix begins to hop from foot to foot raising his blood pressure.

"Hit me," I challenge. He looks at me weirdly before I repeat my words again this time more stern. "Hit me."

Hendrix goes in for the shittiest punch and I grab his wrist twisting it. Those are just my reflexes. A small groan of pain slips from Hendrix's lips before I let go.

"Alright then. No need to go easy," he says more so to himself.

"I'm just getting started," I say cracking my fingers. When he throws more punches that I block one after the other. He's got good technique but not enough. Tired of going easy I grab his arm going behind him and pinning him to the ground. Hearing a scream escape his lips I smile satisfied.

"And I've been training since I was four," I mention getting up. I dust my hands off clapping them together before walking over to Toni. Hendrix slowly gets up rubbing his shoulder.

"Alright I'm sorry," he apologizes knowing he underestimated me.

"Can we eat," AJ whines.

"Yeah grab your swimsuits and we'll eat down by the beach," Chase says walking upstairs. That was weird. I walk upstairs with Toni to our room and we pick out bikinis. Once I get changed I step out into the hall not bothering to wait for Toni. When I walk downstairs I hear shouting coming from the kitchen and walk over to inspect it.

"I told you I don't fucking know," Chase yells into his phone. "Well then you better get that shit straight" the speaker of his phone is loud enough for me to overhear. "It's not my fucking job," he scoffs. Whoever is on the other side is really pissing Chase off.