Chapter 7 - Paint Wars

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything

In one swift move, I use one hand to grab the barrel of the gun and the other to strike his hand away. I then press the tip of the gun straight to his forehead and watch as his hands go up in surrender. Now that I actually learned from a movie.

"I'm sorry would you like to repeat that?" I ask.

"Give me the gun back sweetheart and there won't be a problem," he grins. I can already tell he has something planned and I did not think that far ahead.

"Well, it looks like you already blood-hungry started a problem. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger right now?" I ask and he chuckles.

I see one guy on his left take out a pocket knife and watch from my peripheral vision as Shawn tackles him. I watch seeing the other 5 make moves. Hendrix and Chase come out of nowhere tackling them and I slowly step back keeping the gun pointed at the leader. AJ tackles him to the ground and I watch as everyone brawls. AJ is really going at it pummeling his face. One guy attempts to attack me but I kick him where it hurts. I wonder why in movies they never go for a guy's easiest weak spot.

I point the gun to the sky and pull the trigger twice letting off warning shots. Everyone scatters standing up. I hear a "let's go" and "abort" from the gang as they get up and leave.

"You can't go five minutes without trouble can you," Chase asks, throwing his arms into the air. One of them must've got a good hit. There's a large purple welt starting to bruise by his eye. He was fighting two guys at a time though.

"You didn't have to provoke him like that. Are you crazy?" Shawn questions.

"Little bit and where's the fun in staying good," I fake pout waving the gun around. "You're welcome and get rid of this," I say, tossing Shawn the gun.

"You brought her into this?" Hendrix questions Shawn.

"Not exactly. I didn't tell her to call the man a pussy after he flashed his gun at us," Shawn defends as he puts the gun to safety.

"I like this chick," Hendrix chuckles.

"You're bleeding," I mention seeing the blood drip down his face.

"Dude had a screwdriver who knew," Hendrix laughs. I laugh along with him enjoying how carefree he is about this.

"What about you AJ. Didn't know you could fight that good," I tell AJ and he shrugs with a small smile.

"You're quiet. What're you blood hungry now that you got a taste of fun," I ask AJ lifting my brows. He looks at me before shaking his head. I notice his bruised, bloody knuckles. Obviously not his blood.

"You guys should take a lesson from AJ on how to fight. He didn't get hit once," I joke.

"Says the girl who had a gun," Shawn jests.

"Hey, I could've kicked his ass if I wanted to. But he had a gun so I just used my skills to my advantage," I shrug.

"Oh my god!" Toni exclaims, running over to us. "I saw the fight and Charm! What the hell were you thinking," she yells.

"She obviously wasn't," Shawn mutters and I laugh knowing it's true.

"Did you get my blue raspberry shaved ice?" I ask.

"That's what you're worried about right now," AJ finally speaks.

"Priorities," I sing.

•••