CHAPTER 1 - IN THE TERRACE

"Finally!!! we are in our final year. I am so exited."

A girl told her friend while going inside the school. They both are happy as the school re-opened after a very long vacation. But there is another girl reading a book with her hood and specs on.

Silently walking alone, most probably walking towards her class to sit in a corner.

Herley's POV

This novel is so beautiful. I wish I could always stay in library and read all the novels.~

I thought. While walking to my class. Finally I found it and sat down at the last seat near the window. I love to sit beside the window and I always prefer to sit in the last seat.

I settled down and looked outside the window and saw a basketball court and few of the students were playing and many of the girls were outside the court cheering, probably shouting. I shake my head and started to read my novel once again until the class begins.

*meanwhile- Stephen's POV*

I am playing with my team mates in the basketball court, while some girls were cheering, probably shouting, to get my attention but I ignored them and remain focused on my game.

I am too immersed in playing and the ball is in my hand. In order to put the ball into the basket, I looked up towards the direction but my eyes landed on the school building, in that direction near the window in one of the classes and I saw a girl probably reading. She has her hood on but it is somehow visible to see her half face and she looked so different. I cannot describe how I felt but it is kind a different. I came back to reality when,

"What the hell is wrong with you, Stephen?"

Joy asked kind of angrily as I missed the chance to score.

"What?"

I replied.

"why didn't you score?"

Brane said while coming towards us.

"Sorry, I got distracted"

I said and thought they won't question me again but no,

"WOW!!! Are you thinking of a girl? Who is she?"

Joy asked wiggling his eyebrows with a teasing look.

I smacked his head and chose to ignore him.

I walked out of the court to get some peace from those dorks and their questions and all those girls who were probably shouting.

*time skip- Herley's POV*

It is now break time after some tiring long classes. Even though I am a topper but trust me, no one likes to sit and study for hours. I usually go to the back side of the school in the break time as it is usually empty but today there was some work going on. so I decided to go to the terrace.

I am now in the terrace with my novel in my hand to read silently but as I reached there I saw someone siting at the corner with his one hand supporting his chin and his eyes closed listening to music. I looked at him mesmerised by his beauty but it didn't last long as I came back to my senses and cleared my throat to get his attention.

*Stephen's POV*

I was siting alone listening to some peaceful music to get some peace but I felt a presence so I opened my eyes and saw a girl looking at me.

"I am sorry but can you please leave. I am trying to get some peace here. You can come to me with the other girls afterwards to trouble me but not now."

I said irritated as I thought she is following me.

"What?.....excuse me but this is a school and I am allowed to go anywhere I want. who are you to tell me what to do?"

she replied and I could tell that she got offended by my words but wait a second, don't she know me? why? is she new here that she don't know me. I thought wondering why she came here then.

"What are you doing here?"

I asked her standing to go near her.

As I go near her I could see her more clearly behind her hood.

"Why should I tell you?"

She said and stepped back defendingly.

I slightly smiled at her cuteness but then I saw a novel in her hand and I thought that she might be here to read so I stepped back and went back to listening to music.

*Herley's POV*

I kept looking at him. I am annoyed by his words at first as I know he misunderstood me with someone else but then he went back and I kept looking at him wondering about his presence in the terrace in the break time.

"I know I am handsome but can you stop staring at me." he said, his eyes still closed and I looked away and went to another corner, mentally facepalming as I got caught staring at him.

I sat down and opened my novel to read.

after some time, I closed my novel as the break is over but when I looked up I saw him beside me.

I got startled and kept my hand on my chest to see if I am still alive.

When I get back to my senses I gave him a what? look but he returned the same look to me.

"what?" I asked.

"what?" He repeated.

"why are you sitting beside me?" I asked irritatingly.

"ummm. I was wondering what you are reading?" He said shyly scratching the back of his head which I felt kind of cute. I slightly smiled at him.

"you are beautiful when you smile." he said looking into my eyes.

***

Author's note- Hello everyone! This is my first story and I hope you will like it. I am not too blessed in writing stuff but I am still trying my best cause I love to do it. So, wish me luck and let's hope for a happy ending in all our lives.

Stephen- Please don't forget to vote, comment, share and smile. I am happy if you are :)

SHINE, DREAM, SMILE (lol I am an ARMY)