CHAPTER 4 - A BASKETBALL MATCH

STEPHEN'S POV

Our conversion came to a halt when the bell rang indicating that the break is now over. I suddenly remember about our practice match.

STEPHEN- I got to go and by the way you can go to the terrace from now on.

HERLEY- Hmm~ ok.

she simply replied to which I smiled and went away from there to the basketball court with a racing heart. But why is my heart racing?

HERLEY'S POV

What just happened? what was that? I touch my heart with my right hand to feel my heartbeat still rapidly increasing by the passing time. It may be because I was scared. I shrugged my shoulders and head towards my next class.

TIME SKIP~

STEPHEN'S POV

We have finished our 3 hour long practice and it is almost time for last minute stretching. We all gathered around while our coach Mr. Steans came to announce something important.

MR. STEANS- It was a good practice today, my talented and handsome players.

He says with a smile and pat the back of the students who are beside him. Our coach is just like a sweet mochi but believe me when we do some mistakes he becomes a volcano, an active one.

MR. STEANS- I have a announcement.

JOY- What is it coach? Are you getting married? He asked sheepily while we all are holding our laughs.

BRANE- But who will he get married with? Do he have anyone though? He asked acting all innocent and confused.

EVERYONE- Ooohhh!!! Everyone cheered. It must be Ms. Kale, our school doctor. All of us shouted and laugh afterwards but our laughs just got increased more seeing a red pumpkin who is so embarrassed to be even be alive. I am sure he just want to dig a hole and bury himself there.

MR. STEANS- Stop it you all. He said furiously which make us to control our laughs.

STEPHEN- So what is the announcement about, coach? I said still controlling to not laugh.

MR. STEANS- Ahh! Y-yeah announcement, right? We all nodded to him to continue. We are having a match day after tomorrow with an international school in our school court. So I want you all to play well and win for sure. It is just a friendly match so don't overwork yourself for that. Got it Stephen.

He says looking at me as he know that I always overwork myself when we have matches.

STEPHEN- Yes coach.

MR. STEANS- Alright, let us give our best and show them that our basketball team is undefeatable.

EVERYONE- Yes coach.

MR. STEANS- Good! now you all can go home and rest. We will have our practice tomorrow, same timings.

With that being said he left and we also went to our changing room to freshen up.

JOY- We will have a match after such a long time. I am excited. He squealed happily as we, me and Joy laugh looking at him all giggly.

BRANE- But I have heard that the basketball team of that school is quite professional and it wont be easy for us to defeat them. He said concerned about the match.

JOY- They may be good but we are the best team as we have Stephen with us. He said proudly making me chuckle.

STEPHEN- We have our team and it is the strongest, not just me you Dumbo. I said as we are still chitchatting and making strategies and plans about the match.

TIME SKIP~

THE NEXT DAY~

HERLEY'S POV

It is break time now and I am now at the terrace with a book in my hand. I looked around to find him but couldn't. I felt sad but then shrugged all the thoughts and went to a corner to read my novel peacefully as the weather is nice today as it is quite windy. I put my hood off me and put all my concentration on reading.

I am still reading but suddenly I feel heaviness on my shoulder. I got startled at first but soon I turned sideways to look and saw Stephen laying his head on my shoulder while his eyes are closed. I just stared at him not knowing what to do.

STEPHEN- I told you that I am handsome and you don't have to stare for so long. he said while his eyes are still closed.

How do he always know about people staring at him or is it just with me only. Is he a magician or something? I thought while staring at him again.

He open his eyes and sit straight and then looked at me. We are staring at each other for quite some time but then he spoke something making me look away from him.

STEPHEN- You are beautiful. He simply said still admiring me. He looked calm and okay with the situation but it was a nerve-wrecking situation for me to experience.

It was silent for sometime again but then he spoke again.

STEPHEN- I have a basketball match tomorrow, will you come and watch after school hours in our school basketball court? He asked politely and waiting for a positive reply from me.

HERLEY- Ok! I will come for you. but you never told me you are a basketball player?

I said looking at him, waiting for his reply.

STEPHEN'S POV

I am not even shocked now that she don't know about me and what value I hold in this school. So I just simply replied to her.

STEPHEN- You never asked so....

HERLEY- You are right.

STEPHEN- So will you come?

HERLEY- Yeah sure, why not.

I am so happy to hear her response and now I suddenly became so much more excited for the match.

'Now I will make sure to have victory by my side.' I thought to myself.

But I want her to not just come and watch me, I want her to cheer for me as I know it will encourage me more. So I asked her~

STEPHEN- Ummm~ c-can you cheer for as well during the match?

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE- The story is taking a positive turn for both of them. And also thankyou everyone, who are reading continuously and supporting me. For me each view counts and you all are great.

Also, I got #1 on highschoollovestory. Ahh! I am so happy. I accidentally killed a mosquito being all excited, but whatever that insect was there only for my blood that too without my permission so I think it's not wrong to kill it. But yes! #1. Woah! Thankyou:)

PARTY! PARTY! YEAH!