CHAPTER 2 - DON'T YOU KNOW ME?

HERLEY'S POV

When he complimented while staring right into me, I got shy as I never got complimented ever in my life. I looked down avoiding any kind of eye contact with him.

STEPHEN'S POV

After a second I realized what I said and widened my eyes as I thought it can make her feel uncomfortable but when she looked down and had a small smile on her face, I was relieved and a smile took place on my face.

I have seen her in our school, most of the time in our library reading while I go there to be alone and have a good nap. She is always alone and always had a book, it isn't like I like her or something but she was somehow different from other's girl who like to flaunt their so called plastic beauty.

Her hood is off of her and I could see her face clearly, I was mesmerized by her beauty and her eyes which shows innocence. Her smooth and fair skin with a tint of pink blush on her cheeks because of blushing, her long eyelashes, a sharp nose and her red plumpy lips. She is a pure beauty for my eyes. I couldn't stop staring at her.

HERLEY'S POV

When I look towards him I find him staring right into me. I am always of a shy nature and he is making it difficult for me to stay calm while he is so close. He is handsome, heartbreaking and his big and round bambi eyes were making me more and more shy.

HERLEY- C-Can you stop staring please?

I mentally slapped myself for stuttering but he wasn't listening to me and is just staring.

HERLEY- Yah! Mr.?

STEPHEN'S POV

While I am mesmerized by her beauty, she suddenly called me Mr. Wait, wait, wait, Mr.? me? is she really from our school that she don't know me. Is she from the forests or do she live under the rocks. How can she not know me? Is she pretending to not know me? What a girl I came across with. Other's are trying their best my attention but she don't even know she. Is she for real? But to confirm I still ask her~

STEPHEN- Don't you know who I am?

HERLEY- No.

STEPHEN- Are you sure?

HERLEY- Why do I need to know you?

what? is she insane or something that she don't know me. She might be one of a kind.~

I thought trying to get over the fact that she don't know me. But thinking more about it is making her more weird in my thoughts.

STEPHEN- Nothing. Ummm~~ By the way, I am Stephen.

I forwarded my hand to her.

HERLEY- Yeah... Herley.

HERLEY'S POV

I said shyly and accepted his hand. We kept looking at each other and our hands were still touching each other. We are hypnotised in each other's eyes but it came to an end as the school bell rang.

HERLEY- I got to go.

I said but he is still looking at me.

HERLEY- U-Umm~ my hand.

I said and he left my hand immediately.

STEPHEN- s-sorry.

He said and stood up and I stood as well. I didn't look towards him again and left from there with quick steps to avoid him for now as I am blushing hard.

STEPHEN'S POV

I chuckled at her cuteness. She is a different girl I must say. I have never came across anyone like her. It is so difficult to catch her attention. But wait a damn minute, she don't know me. I must show her who I am. She needs to know. I want her to know me. I huffed at my thoughts.

I don't know why I am doing it but I want to catch her attention anyhow.

***

Author's note- What will Stephen do to make Herley know who he is? Let's see in the next one.