CHAPTER 10 - OUR FIRST KISS?

THE NEXT DAY~

STEPHEN'S POV

After yesterday's incident, I could not find my friends. I am looking for them right now and there I saw them discussing something and they are back facing me. I go close to them and put my both hands around their shoulder and they both suddenly flinched.

STEPHEN- Hey!

JOY- H-hi Stephen. Why is he stuttering and why they both are looking scared as if they are caught in an act.

STEPHEN- Is something wrong Joy? If there is something then I can help you?

I said to which he shaked his head sideways and said

JOY- The problem is not with me. It is with y-mmmhhh.

Joy was unable to finish his sentence as Brane kept his hand covering his mouth.

BRANE- He is joking Stephen. Everything is fine. You go, we will come later. He said glaring at Joy.

JOY- Y-yes, I am fine, you go we will catch up with you later.

STEPHEN- O-ok. I thought to explain them about my yesterday's act but they were not looking so curious so I chose to not tell them about my feelings for Herley to them.

I went from there and left to search for Herley maybe. These dorks might be planning something or might be pranking someone, who knows, so I did not think much about them and went to the basketball court as our school students are requested to gather there.

I went there and saw the girls of dance battle hovering over Herley and bitching about her and she just have her head down and her eyes are teary. She is hurt, I can feel that. She need me and I know it. I want to protect her anyhow.

A WHILE AGO~

HERLEY'S POV

I reached to the basketball court and sat in the corner minding my own business.

GIRL 1- Hey look! What we have here. She said to her 2 more friends coming towards me.

GIRL 2- Oh! the greatest bitch of our school who don't know who she was talking with earlier. I furrowed my eyebrows together, not understanding a word.

GIRL 3- Don't look at us like that, bitch. Don't act innocent, we know you and your tactics to get Stephen all by yourself by using your ugly innocent face. My eyes are getting blurry and they are still insulting me and poking their fingers on my shoulder and accusing me for unnecessary shit.

GIRL 2- What a slut!

???- HOW DARE YOU? We all looked at the owner of the voice and saw Stephen fuming in anger and came towards us with big steps and stood in front of me covering me protectively and I really felt safe now.

The girls gulped looking at him being all angry and furious.

GIRL 1- But Stephen, she is just a sl-

She was cut off by Stephen as he shouted making every soul in this basketball court to flinch.

STEPHEN- LISTEN EVERYONE HERE! THE GIRL RIGHT BEHIND ME IS MY PRIORITY AND NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO SAY ANYTHING TO HER OR EVEN TOUCH HER. SHE IS MINE AND NO ONE WILL DARE TO LAY THEIR FINGER ON HER. He was looking so scary that time and then he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of there and he stopped inside his room.

We are alone now and I am just looking down afraid of looking into his eyes.

STEPHEN- Herley~ He called me softly. Look at me.

I slowly looked at him and his eyes are now changed to a different emotion. Earlier it was only anger but now it is filled with concern. My heart skipped a beat as I looked at him so close to me.

STEPHEN- Are you hurt? He said looking straight into me.

HERLEY- I-I am fine.

STEPHEN- Are you hurt here? he said pointing towards my heart. I know what he meant so I shook my head.

HERLEY- I-I am really fine. I said avoiding any eye contact with him.

He sighed~

STEPHEN- I hope this is the only way of all the answers which I can't find.

I furrowed my eyebrows as confusion took over my face, not understanding his words.

HERLEY- What do you mean by that? He did not say anything and suddenly,

He came closer and closer while I stepped back and soon my back hit the wall and he is hovering over me. I am still looking down, then he lightly grabbed my chin and made me look at him. We were staring for a long time at each other.

HERLEY- S-Ste-Stephen.

STEPHEN- Sshh! just one kiss won't kill you, right? so....umm can we? I need to find some answers which are always there in my head from the past few days. I widened my eyes but cannot utter a word. I am just looking at him with wide eyes not believing his words. He started to lean closer and I wasn't moving an inch. He is just an inch away from my lips and I am just waiting for his next actions without blinking. He came more closer and I can feel his breath on my lips. He is going to attach his lips with mine but~

***

Author's note

Hey everyone!!! Chapter 10 is up there now. I hope you are enjoying it. I am so excited to write the next parts too and hope you are excited to read as well. Kindly like cause it encourages me to write more:)