CHAPTER 11 - A SUDDEN CONFESSION

HERLEY'S POV

There is a knock on the door and we both flinched and step back coming back to reality. We are not looking at each other and I can feel my cheeks burning but we flinched again~

JOY- Stephen! Are you inside? He shouted loudly and we widened our eyes scared to get caught together alone in his room.

BRANE- Stephen! We have the dance battle today and we need to reach there. If you are inside then reply, you jerk. We aren't your fangirls that you are avoiding us. We are looking at the door and to each other and again back to the door.

STEPHEN- W-Wait I am coming. He shouted back and looked at me with pleading eyes.

STEPHEN- C-can you go and hide in the bathroom till I send them away. He said scratching the back of his head and I shyly nodded and went to the bathroom to hide.

AFTER SOMETIME~

He came to the bathroom soon.

STEPHEN- I am sorry for them, they are just calling me to watch the dance battle. I think you also need to be there, right?

I just nodded at him. We went out from his room and went to the auditorium together.

We seated side by side at the last row and watched the programme together.

TIMESKIP~

STEPHEN'S POV

I am watching the show but then I felt Herley dozing off. I looked towards her and chucked seeing her trying her best to be awake. She will never sleep while reading novels but just a dance performance makes her so sleepy. I laughed at my thoughts. What a girl I fell in love with... I shook my head and took her head in my hands and gently placed it on my shoulders.

TIMESKIP~

The dance battle is over and unfortunately our school team lost but I am not feeling bad as those girls just deserve it for humiliating my girl.

Everyone started to leave the auditorium but the queen of my heart is still sleeping. I am waiting for her to wake up but she is sleeping soundly and I do not want to disturb her sleep.

We are now alone in the auditorium and I felt her movements and soon she woke up and looked at me while rubbing her eyes. She is just so cute to handle sometimes. I thought while lovingly staring at her.

HERLEY- Are we done with the battle? Who won?

STEPHEN- As you can see sleeping beauty, it is already over and we lost the dance battle but don't worry we will surely win the rest three. She blushed because of her new name given by me.

HERLEY- Hmm~ I will try my best as well. So lets go we have to attend the relay race competition as well it might start anytime soon now.

STEPHEN- We still have time. We don't need to rush there.

HERLEY- O-oh okay but let's just go from here.

STEPHEN- Why? I like staying here with you.

HERLEY'S POV

I looked at him with widened eyes but he just winked and smirked at me. I am totally red after that and looked away.

STEPHEN- Do you believe in love at first sight, Herley?

HERLEY- H-Huh? I looked at him confused.

STEPHEN- I believe in it. Do you too?

HERLEY- y-yes but why? I shyly said as I am a huge fan of novels which have first sight love scenarios. I then patiently waited for his next words.

STEPHEN- I love you. I am shocked after what he said but he still continued. I know it is so sudden but you are the only girl for me and I am sure of it. When I saw you for the first time, I skipped a heartbeat because of our sudden meeting. Will you give me a chance to prove myself, my love to you. He asked pleadingly to which I melt and blushingly looked at him.

HERLEY- But why me? There are many more and most of them are crazy in love with you.

STEPHEN- Others are not you and you are different. You made me realize that innocence and simplicity is the most beautiful. I love you and I mean every word of it. He said looking straight into my soul.

Is this real? This is the first time someone have ever confessed me. I thought he is just flirting with me but he is not. His eyes says everything. I can see his love for me through his eyes. I felt my heartbeat increasing and I decided to speak.

HERLEY- I-I love you t-too. I said shyly looking down and he suddenly hugged me so tightly. I-I can't b-breath.

He loosened his grip from me and checked if I got hurt somewhere.

STEPHEN- I am so sorry. Are you hurt somewhere? I am sorry, I got excited. Are you feeling pain somewhere, then tell me. I was just looking at him with a slight smile and shook my head. Thank god! I got scared for a second.

He hugged me again but this time lightly and I hugged him back.

STEPHEN- I love you. Never leave me and stick to me always.

HERLEY- I love you too and I will never leave you, I promise. We are still hugging each other and feeling each other's touch. It was a magical moment. I did not want this moment to end.

We broke the hug and looked at each other lovingly.

TIMESKIP~

When we went back to the racing track, the competition was already over and our school team won. Now the score is 1:1. It's a tie but now to win we need both the wins.

***

Author's Note- Wow they confessed finally, being the creator mother of both of them, I am happy. Now we have 2 more matches left. Let's see if they will win this or not. But right now I am actually thinking about his first kiss with Herley. Will he be able to get it? Hmm~ it's a matter of concern.