CHAPTER 6 - SHOCKED

HERLEY'S POV

When I reached to the basketball court, I saw a huge amount of girls cheering for the team but mostly for Stephen. I never knew he was this famous in our school that all the girls drool over him. I am shocked to see the girls doing all the crazy acts to gain his attention but I shrugged all the feelings I am feeling and sat at the corner and watched the match quietly.

TIME SKIP~

When it was the water break, Stephen looked at me and smiled and then I suddenly remember that I have to cheer for him, but the girls are already cheering so out loud and it is making me insecure of my actions but still since he requested so politely, I cheered for him and he got my words easily and he replied it with a thankyou as well.

I became so happy to see that and soon the game again started. The ball is in his hands. Before he put the ball in the basket, he looked at me and winked. Wait. What? He winked? for real? To me? I thought and a red tint is now starting to get visible on my cheeks.

He won the match and the audience is going crazy over him and I can see him being all happy, to which I smiled too with blushy cheeks.

After all the cheering, the match is over and everyone is requested to go for now and so I went back home.

THE NEXT DAY~

I was sitting alone reading the book I have in hand in the classroom while everyone are in groups and chitchatting about random stuffs. But the noise was vanished when Mrs. Snell entered.

MRS. SNELL- Everyone, we are having an assembly so you all are requested to reach the auditorium.

She said and we all went there.

I sat down with my classmates and other students are also joining. There must be an important announcement that is why we have our seniors and juniors here as well. I thought.

Soon I saw Stephen entering the auditorium with his basketball team and they sat on the first row. I had a sudden blush on my cheeks because of yesterday's sudden wink but I shake my head to throw all the unwanted thoughts.

After not so long, the principal entered and everyone was listening carefully to what he has to say.

PRINCIPAL- Good morning students. We are here today to celebrate the victory of our school's basketball team. Let's give them an applause. Everyone clapped and cheered for the team.

PRINCIPAL- Although it was a friendly match but it is still an honour to mention their hard work for our school. Now, I would like to tell you the reason of this sudden assembly.

Everyone are now listening carefully and are quietly waiting for his next words.

PRINCIPAL- The international school with which we had a match yesterday are impressed by us and our students so they want to have a match with our school in many different aspects and the match will be in a stadium far away from our school and it will go on till 3 days.

Everyone clapped impressed by the words of the principal and somehow proud of the basketball team too.

PRINCIPAL- So the categories decided by both the school to compete are: basketball, general knowledge quiz, dance battle and relay race competition. The competition will be after 6 days and till this time we will select the students who will participate in it and we will make them practice as well.

I am not much interested so I am not listening to the speech anymore and am reading my novel which I bought with me.

TIME SKIP~

The assembly is now over and we went to our respective classes and the school continued.

It is now break time and I went to the rooftop with my book and sat in the corner reading and kind of waiting for Stephen as well to properly congratulate him for his victory.

I heard footsteps so I got up and hide behind the wall to surprise him. I was ready to jump out and congratulate him but stopped when I saw 2 boys standing and looking here and there.

BOY 1- Where is he? I saw him coming here though.

BOY 2- I also cannot find him anywhere.

BOY 1- Hey! look, what is this?

BOY 2- looks like a ID ca-mmm...

BOY 1- shh!!! Let's go. Don't say anything. Boy 1 said keeping his hand on the mouth of the other guy and they left afterwards.

I felt relieved to not get caught by anyone in the terrace. After that I went back to the classroom to not get caught without meeting Stephen.

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Kindly like, comment and share if you want.... :)